Hardy H2 Firebox Blower Assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottnc

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Dayton 9MRX2 serial 7021-10870. From Hardy they're $200+, from Grainger they were less than $100 last time I bought one. Can't find that number Dayton blower on Grainger anymore so I emailed them for a replacement and am waiting. In the meantime I trolled the internet and have found that the Hardy part from Hardy (painted over Dayton 9MRW2) blower assembly) is out-of-stock everywhere I looked... and is still $200. There are alternatives, usually without the flap door. Has anyone used a non - Hardy supplied Dayton or otherwise sourced Dayton style blower assemble of another make on their H2 stove that required transplanting the flap door to the new unit? If you have what did you use and are you happy with it?

The armature shaft in mine has worn in the bushing area twice now to the point it vibrates. It works but sounds like hell. It's been apart twice to repair (cover-up?) an imbalance so I figure there must have been a balance issue when it was new and I'd be money ahead to replace it.

I have two blowers that I rotate; when one acts up I substitute the other. Then I repair the failed unit, set it on the shelf, rinse and repeat. The motors can be opened up, the 1/4" armature shaft removed if need be - and it usually is to get the squirrel cage fan off. The end bushings can be serviced, wicks lubed, etc. A different diameter squirrel cage fan (slightly smaller) is available from a good, local HVAC supply house. The fan in the Dayton unit is an off-size O.D. but the smaller more common size works every bit as good, even better than the original.

For those interested, Dayton 6FHX6 @~ $125 is Grainger's replacement for 9MRX2. It does not include the flap door on the inlet. The weld on the original can be cut and the door transplanted to the new fan, not a big deal if you're handy.

After I posted this - there must be a blue million of like appearing blower assemblies out there, I found a glitch. First, the 9MRX2/70214931 Dayton blower assembly listed replacement as per Grainger was 6FHX6. After reviewing Dayton's spec's and noting that Dayton does not recommend this part for use as an inline blower on a wood fired water stove I contacted Grainger who then recommended the alternative 1TDP3 which does not have this stipulation... and it's cheaper. Caveat being it is out-of-stock just about everywhere. Electric Motor Warehouse https://electricmotorwarehouse.com/...arehouse&utm_content=Electric Motor Warehouse has at least some as of this morning and free UPS ground shipping. You will need to transplant the top flap door to the new part.

Has anyone used a non - Hardy supplied Dayton or otherwise sourced Dayton style blower assemble of another make on their H2 stove that required transplanting the flap door to the new unit?
Here's a replacement for the Dayton 9MRW2 - I have ordered from this place before, but not this specific motor:Screenshot_20211220-161812.png

Latest posts

Back