Black Bart Insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody here have one of these? This one is actually a Black Bart 11. I remember the name from the early 80's maybe?
This insert came with the house when we bought it. Works pretty good, I switched out the steel inserts in the doors with ceramic glass, doesn't stay clean very long but looks better.
Just wanted to ask somebody that had/has one- How are the doors supposed to latch? The one handle on mine is angled up like it would move and latch but it is actually cast in that position?? I ended up welding a small stop on 1 door and bolting a swinging latch latch on the other.
Also, is the tray under the front original? Seems like alot of hot air blows out from under there, but I leave the tray so no stray embers ends up under the stove.

attachment.php

And BTW, picked this up at Lowes on seasonal clearance for $20.00, not bad, have been looking at different ones and thinking of building my own but for 20 bux this works great.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back