Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I used to race champ 440 and open class ice oval snowmobiles.....what I’m seeing is not a “tuned pipe” but a less restrictive exhaust. Tune pipes are shaped to so at a particular rpm the reverberations inside the pipe plug the exhaust port to keep more 02 and fuel mix in the cylinder then assist in creating negative pressure at the port to aid in evacuating exhaust out. Or at least how I understand it.

That’s why with a tuned pipe you have to “get it on the pipe”. Get pipe hot and rev it up ....zoom....zooom.

You got the equivalent of putting a bigger hole in the bottom of a toilet and calling it tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

much sharper minds than yours or mine have proven this to be the case ...

this has been worked out years ago by much more enlightened individuals than either you or I who have proven it to work .

I'd really rather not be referred to as having similar intelligence to you in the future, mmmkay.

Not in the realm of a worksaw. You're talking in the 260-300 lb range before parasitic losses from what I've seen. I'm only shooting for 200-220.
260-300 will destroy the Saw very quickly ... Again this has been proven before by many individuals ... 150-180 on a work Saw will allow it to rev depending on displacement... on a racing Saw even less ... in fact one can take the SAME motor and LOWER its compression and simply make more Hp ... why ??? Rpms baby , RPMs ... and since we are not running a motocross or a trials bike ( which would benefit from increased compression to enhance the low-mid range) but rather a Work Saw which had basically uses idle and wide-open I prefer my method ... again you have your theories and I have mine which is great !

Ya I used to race champ 440 and open class ice oval snowmobiles.....what I’m seeing is not a “tuned pipe” but a less restrictive exhaust. Tune pipes are shaped to so at a particular rpm the reverberations inside the pipe plug the exhaust port to keep more 02 and fuel mix in the cylinder then assist in creating negative pressure at the port to aid in evacuating exhaust out. Or at least how I understand it.

That’s why with a tuned pipe you have to “get it on the pipe”. Get pipe hot and rev it up ....zoom....zooom.

You got the equivalent of putting a bigger hole in the bottom of a toilet and calling it tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Perhaps you are misunderstanding my statement sir ... ANYTIME you open the exhaust on a chainsaw you are changing the output / characteristics of the engine whether using a tube or deflector ... good day

I'd really rather not be referred to as having similar intelligence to you in the future, mmmkay.
I don’t know your IQ nor do I really care , the point I’m making is that there are individuals who are FAR sharper than you or myself when it comes to 2-stroke performance... I tend to gravitate towards their knowledge and experience over yours ! Good day Kevin

I don’t know your IQ nor really care however the point I’m making is that there are individuals who are FAR sharper than you or myself when it comes to 2-stroke performance... I tend to gravitate towards to their knowledge and experience over yours ! Good day Kevin
You've already argued with several in your own thread who have done testing for themselves. Like I said, preconceived notions.

I don’t know your IQ nor do I really care , the point I’m making is that there are individuals who are FAR sharper than you or myself when it comes to 2-stroke performance... I tend to gravitate towards their knowledge and experience over yours ! Good day Kevin

Yah, sharper as in Gordon, Jennings, Bell, etc that all disagree with you.

You’re reading too much Wojo...
Another kindred spirit, lol....

You've already argued with several in your own thread who have done testing for themselves. Like I said, preconceived notions.
No need for argument Kevin ... like I said you have your theories, and we have ours ... very simple concept ... I’ve seen gains of 19-22% from 2 known builders on this site ... I’m shooting for 25-30% ... When (not if ) hit these numbers (or better) what will you whine about then ? Sorry man ; the emporer has no clothes !

Yah, sharper as in Gordon, Jennings, Bell, etc that all disagree with you.

You’re reading too much Wojo...
Another kindred spirit, lol....
I’ve read them all ... twice on Sunday pal ... like I said before , I’ll let the machine(s) do the talking and the bs do the walking ... ps ... better get some new shoes !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back