Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So....... I’m bonanzass123 and was banned and don’t know why? I’m assuming this name will be banned also for admitting this but I don’t care! For what though, I would like to know? Because I’m considering hiring hotsaws101 to port a saw for me? Does the anger against hotsaws101 run this deep? Unbelievable! All the crap that gets said on this site and they ban me? Good ridence AS!

Jeez frank.
It’s about the bandwidth traffic.
17,000+ views watching you make a No Talent Azz Clown of yourself.
If you have different forum names their are fewer views.
.......it’s business........

More views of this thread that the next 10 new threads combined.

If parboiled live puppies got more views this thread would be locked.

Jeez frank.
It’s about the bandwidth traffic.
17,000+ views watching you make a No Talent Azz Clown of yourself.
If you have different forum names their are fewer views.
.......it’s business........

More views of this thread that the next 10 new threads combined.

If parboiled live puppies got more views this thread would be locked.
Troof! Once upon a time the door would have slammed shut on this cull, when hits/revenue/money is involved moral fibre is put aside. Kinda sad this place is has become this desperate. It used to be quality content that dictated traffic keeping the lights on, now any clown putting on a circus is the business model. How did it come to THIS...its no wonder this thread would be leading the hit count, quality posters have been walking away now for too long. This is the end result right here folks. I used to love this site.

Troof! Once upon a time the door would have slammed shut on this cull, when hits/revenue/money is involved moral fibre is put aside. Kinda sad this place is has become this desperate. It used to be quality content that dictated traffic keeping the lights on, now any clown putting on a circus is the business model. How did it come to THIS...its no wonder this thread would be leading the hit count, quality posters have been walking away now for too long. This is the end result right here folks. I used to love this site.

Yeah......remember looking at a thread and when you went back it was halfway down the page?
Or on a busy night.....page 2!!

It’s very s

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc I dread the thought of when the time comes for someone to ask me to port their 462. Not because of this Charlie Brown tree full of monkeys thread, but because they're kinda already hot woods ported from the factory. o_O

That being said, the 462 is capable of good gains, IF...a guy knows what he's doing.
:guitar:

That being said, the 462 is capable of good gains, IF...a guy knows what he's doing.
Most modern saws are capable of having more "umph" extracted , the limiting factor being is it worth it/required, only the owner can decide that, the ported saw owner puts forth the extra cutting speed, most money making concerns I 've had dealings with run stock kit, reasons given all the bits are standard & there is a more or less known service life length with "modded kit it's a bit of an unknown the last thing you want in comercial cutting is "down time" of kit as it's a triple whamy =lost production time, operators time/money, & repair cost It's the same with any mechanical set up folk will tinker

heres something to think about and i'm not getting into any details so dont bother going there. first 462 on the bench ever, first stock test cut 32inch bar, straight consistent white oak log 28.7 sec. after all testing, and mods 22.1 secs. Fair gains i could live with for now. butttt........lots and lots of fuel ran thru the saw. second 462 on bench, one test cut stock through same log, same bar, new chain 28.5 seconds. Same exact things done to second saw. 5 test cuts after average 25.5 seconds. Where did all my gains go? Whats the difference between the two saws? one was pretty much broken in, one wasnt. so one has to admit to themselves, is this saw worth the additonal money added to an already hot out of the box expensive saw. Maybe to some that want the sticker on the engine shroud to tout they have a ported saw. what i'm getting at is a builder needs to completely break this saw in before touting i got X% gains from my mods because the results are completely skewed from the break in during the trial and error phase. The numbers dikhead frank will post are complete hogwash and most of them wood have been achieved by simply running 5 gallons of fuel thru it. Don't take this post the wrong way, I'm explaining what I have seen with this saw. i wood like to hear what @crabby cooter has to say about this PEACE OUT FUKRS

Its safer if you could just buy the wood. It's not the healthiest.

Just in the wood dust alone you are dealing with irritants, sensitizers, toxins and carcinogens which can lead to long term damage and death such as allergies, chronic bronchitis, asthma. and mouth/ throat cancer:
Nasopharyngeal carciomo (NPC)

Red Cedar has plicatic acid that will create Asthma. It will cause an accelerated decline in lung function.
As well NPC concerns.

When I started my first intense first aid training in '91; The industrial lung disease was Mesothelioma from asbestos. More recent yrs Silicosis from Silica dust was added. Now we have NPC from wood dust.

They had mentioned there has been a high rate of Testicular cancer with mechanics too. They say its from stuffing contaminated rags in their pockets. I know I've burnt my ball off more than a few times with caps coming off or not putting then on.

Then you suck exhaust in for yrs on end when you have the wrong temps and atmosphere pressure (snows on the trees) Sometimes it is not very pleasant.

The list of industrial diseases you likely will get from running a saw for 30,000 hours is endless.

Hand arm vibration syndrome (HAVS)
white finger Syndrome (WFS)
carpal tunnel syndrome
Arthritis
Muscular skeletal injuries (MSI's)

Falling timber on a hill and many end up with a double hernia.

The list goes on.

If the plane of helicopter doesn't fall out of the sky Or the truck doesn't leave the road driving on dark ice roads for a few hours a day or you don't hit a moose or the mountain doesn't slide..then providing you don't get a real bad deal or just make a fatal mistake falling or bucking then you have all that mentioned above that goes with the territory.

You give your life to it and it will take a life.. one way or another.
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! I'm selling all my saws and calling the fuel oil man.:surprised3:

heres something to think about and i'm not getting into any details so dont bother going there. first 462 on the bench ever, first stock test cut 32inch bar, straight consistent white oak log 28.7 sec. after all testing, and mods 22.1 secs. Fair gains i could live with for now. butttt........lots and lots of fuel ran thru the saw. second 462 on bench, one test cut stock through same log, same bar, new chain 28.5 seconds. Same exact things done to second saw. 5 test cuts after average 25.5 seconds. Where did all my gains go? Whats the difference between the two saws? one was pretty much broken in, one wasnt. so one has to admit to themselves, is this saw worth the additonal money added to an already hot out of the box expensive saw. Maybe to some that want the sticker on the engine shroud to tout they have a ported saw. what i'm getting at is a builder needs to completely break this saw in before touting i got X% gains from my mods because the results are completely skewed from the break in during the trial and error phase. The numbers dikhead frank will post are complete hogwash and most of them wood have been achieved by simply running 5 gallons of fuel thru it. Don't take this post the wrong way, I'm explaining what I have seen with this saw. i wood like to hear what @crabby cooter has to say about this PEACE OUT FUKRS
The real gains I see capable with the 462 are added grunt or torque. A little goes a long ways to a good timber faller. This one won't be doubling cutting speed like a typical balls to the wall port job, to be giving the impressive before and after cut times. It'll be more noticeable in the hands under load... which is important to every timber faller I've ever spoke with. I have one coming in a couple weeks and I'm not really fearing it like I made it sound.. especially since I'm not being asked to make a race saw out of it, lol. It was more of an emphasis of its performance out of the box.

and how wood one know this that has never ported one yet?
It's hard to say this without sounding like a pompous azz, but if you were to study, r&d, and port several hundred saws, then rebuild several hundred more, I'm assuming that question would never come up.

The real gains I see capable with the 462 are added grunt or torque. A little goes a long ways to a good timber faller. This one won't be doubling cutting speed like a typical balls to the wall port job, to be giving the impressive before and after cut times. It'll be more noticeable in the hands under load... which is important to every timber faller I've ever spoke with. I have one coming in a couple weeks and I'm not really fearing it like I made it sound.. especially since I'm not being asked to make a race saw out of it, lol. It was more of an emphasis of its performance out of the box.

It's hard to say this without sounding like a pompous azz, but if you were to study, r&d, and port several hundred saws, then rebuild several hundred more, I'm assuming that question would never come up.
I agree with everything you’ve said and have followed your work for a long time and am very impressed with it. That being said, my posts were not about what this saw could or could not achieve really, more so about what I’ve seen with the limited build threads out there and MY OWN experience. IMHO one needs a stock fully broken in saw to compare your build to ESPECIALLY if a lengthy R&D phase happens with the first build. Dikhead jizzo is beating his chest already and I could guarantee a fully broken in stock 462 will be only a few percent behind his build. Crabby cooters build thread is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. The first 462 was run ALOT. He was satisfied with his gain and proceeded to apply those same mods to NIB saws for customers. I could pretty much guarantee there’s at least a 10% loss in his gains on those nib saws. So say he was up to 25-30% gains and half that is just from running fuel thru the saw, is it worth it? That’s the question one needs to ask. I wish he would chime in about it, but it’s his livelyhood and don’t expect him to.

Scott and Julian did a stock comparison vid on a nib 462 vs 461. This is AFTER Scott had the 462 figured out. There’s supposed to be an after video after both saws were ported. There’s no after video and I know why, because the gains he got on that unbroken in 462 is far far less than what he had in his R&D 462. He had these saws for weeks and weeks, I’m not buying that the saws are not done yet
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/saw-video-thread.328986/#post-6799492
This is nothing at all about Scott so don’t take it that way. He is the master and I have the upmost respect for him. This is simply about that this saw is HOT out of the box Once broken in and the gains achieved are minimal at best.

@basher

Picture this: you are unemployed, mentally unstable, overweight, just intelligent enough to annoy, and the only attention/ enjoyment you can get is through cyberspace trying to trick others into thinking you are clever. True/ false has no meaning in your scrambled egg of a brain.

The thing you fear most is to be ignored, so you seek out any attention you can get whether it's positive or negative, because without it, you're hopelessly alone and will most likely revert back to substance abuse, or worse.

Wrap your head around all that, and then some that I've left out, and you'll understand why this thread will go on, and on, and on unless the somewhat sane folks cease to pay attention.

@basher

Picture this: you are unemployed, mentally unstable, overweight, just intelligent enough to annoy, and the only attention/ enjoyment you can get is through cyberspace trying to trick others into thinking you are clever. True/ false has no meaning in your scrambled egg of a brain.

The thing you fear most is to be ignored, so you seek out any attention you can get whether it's positive or negative, because without it, you're hopelessly alone and will most likely revert back to substance abuse, or worse.

Wrap your head around all that, and then some that I've left out, and you'll understand why this thread will go on, and on, and on unless the somewhat sane folks cease to pay attention.
i hear ya man, just gunna follow along to witness the fake gains reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back