Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s play devils advocate here ... let’s assume a bone - stock 462c lasts 1000hrs of use and the modded Saw that’s 25% quicker lasts 1000hrs also (and this is being conservative for sake of argument)and that you have infinite logs to cut ... if your hourly rate is $50 with the stocker that means the Saw will generate 50,000 during its lifespan 50*1000 ... The modded Saw 62.50*1000 or 62500 or a 12500 net gain for the end user ! To pay 350,400,600 dollars up front for mods seems like a lot but over the life of the Saw (assuming 1000 hrs) it’s small potatoes! Even a muffler/ intake that ONLY achieves 10% gain is going to net you $5000 over the life of the Saw ! Simple math !

I thought it was an hourly job so I just threw away $350.00

I fail to see your point?...j/k

Yes you mean rate to volume wage is $50 per hour average.
Yes in a perfect world with 1000 hours in the same size cut and the same species where you measured 25% gains.

nevertheless. point taken but I would be a misleading sell. With a 6hp saw that has good response and chain speed and is nice and light. So if you don't have the girth then you don't need the works.
Or what do you say in NY? 'da woyks'.
Measure your gains on 12" and under. now what are they? How about for a slashing saw or tree thinning? You are payed by the km or mile or hectare or acre. where are the gains now? You think a 6 ph saw is going to slow through saplings? No.
Kind of like saying:
"I had the biggest diçk in grade 4."
Q) how old were you?
"well I was fifteen"

see so it does start to change thing

I'm taking the other side of the debate just to raise awareness although I've been running ported saws in many pro applications stating back to '92.

Like bidding on a job. It ALL broken down to what the AVERAGE person can do in a minute and then to an hour and to...

I based a bid on my production once and then had to offer everyone bid price to get it done. They still pulled out and I lost 10,000 deposit and kicked me out of the district for bidding for 2 yrs.

That was 25 yrs ago last July. I'm a pretty big fan of averages now. you can not sell '25% gains as it may go from 0-25..as well plus if the wood increases past test size.

NOW I was saying (or meant) in the other post was that overall gain percentages don't mean ****. from builder to builder
does it? Its what they are working with (size, species ) Not that you are saying that but we may as well clarify that right now also. So its fair to say overall gains are ones own 'personal sand box'. correct? It can be manipulated though species density/grow area , water content and dia. (assuming the same chain)

I would like to see a hp and torque graph.
At least dyno the HP

I thought it was an hourly job so I just threw away $350.00

I fail to see your point?...j/k

Yes you mean rate to volume wage is $50 per hour average.
Yes in a perfect world with 1000 hours in the same size cut and the same species where you measured 25% gains.

nevertheless. point taken but I would be a misleading sell. With a 6hp saw that has good response and chain speed and is nice and light. So if you don't have the girth then you don't need the works.
Or what do you say in NY? 'da woyks'.
Measure your gains on 12" and under. now what are they? How about for a slashing saw or tree thinning? You are payed by the km or mile or hectare or acre. where are the gains now? You think a 6 ph saw is going to slow through saplings? No.
Kind of like saying:
"I had the biggest diçk in grade 4."
Q) how old were you?
"well I was fifteen"

see so it does start to change thing

I'm taking the other side of the debate just to raise awareness although I've been running ported saws in many pro applications stating back to '92.

Like bidding on a job. It ALL broken down to what the AVERAGE person can do in a minute and then to an hour and to...

I based a bid on my production once and then had to offer everyone bid price to get it done. They still pulled out and I lost 10,000 deposit and kicked me out of the district for bidding for 2 yrs.

That was 25 yrs ago last July. I'm a pretty big fan of averages now. you can not sell '25% gains as it may go from 0-25..as well plus if the wood increases past test size.

NOW I was saying (or meant) in the other post was that overall gain percentages don't mean ****. from builder to builder
does it? Its what they are working with (size, species ) Not that you are saying that but we may as well clarify that right now also. So its fair to say overall gains are ones own 'personal sand box'. correct? It can be manipulated though species density/grow area , water content and dia. (assuming the same chain)

I would like to see a hp and torque graph.
At least dyno the HP
Yah , let me put it this way then ... 2 men running ported saws can just about do the work of 3 running stock saws ... I prefer splitting the dough 2 ways instead of 3 guy ! Also consider the less people involved the less ******** ; tough to get a good Saw hand let alone 2 ! Your mileage may vary

Yah , let me put it this way then ... 2 men running ported saws can just about do the work of 3 running stock saws ... I prefer splitting the dough 2 ways instead of 3 guy ! Also consider the less people involved the less ******** ; tough to get a good Saw hand let alone 2 ! Your mileage may vary
Come on Frank, where's the downed tree pics? you karate choppin em down?

Does wearing a heavy glove give you 25% gain when yer kung fuin a tree down with karate chops?
No, youre looking at it all wrong. Its all in the roundhouse kick, when the unlaced boot flys off at the speed of ********. No tree living can withstand the fury of fabz.

I find it hard to believe you can take a pic of a standing tree that YOU were SUPPOSEDLY going to cut but can't take one on the ground. you have outed yourself as a fake and completely FOS. You should google a downed tree pic somewhere, want me to send you a pic?

I find it hard to believe you can take a pic of a standing tree that YOU were SUPPOSEDLY going to cut but can't take one on the ground. you have outed yourself as a fake and completely FOS. You should google a downed tree pic somewhere, want me to send you a pic?
Yah , check the weather here in wny stupe ... before ya start with the any-way shape or form routine ! I’m not doin anything involving trees with 35Mph+ wind

Here I'll help.
20180421_104545.jpg

Yes ! This badger guy don’t have both oars in the water ! Now we are achieving 25% gains by breaking in the Saw ? Wtf dude ... It’s been proven a muffler mod is good for 10% on the majority of saws ... the 462c might be “hot out of the box “ and might be more work to squeeze the juice from than previous models but flow is flow man ... It’s so easy to disprove his theory that I won’t even waste the time
Ahhhh now we are getting somewhere..... 25% is YOUR number not mine! Go back and figure out my REAL numbers dikhead. Has the dim bulb lit up yet? I might see a glimmer............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back