blasted poulan/crapsman tank vents but i have the fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
the dang vent was clogged up on my crapsman to the point it would not pump fuel when it got hot. so i took it apart, pulled the duck bill out and still could not get any air through the hole,,closer inspection there was a brass piece in there,,, looked like a brillo pad but brass,,well i got the smart idea to just drill it out and then put it back together,,well that didn't work,, i messed up the mating surface for the duck bill :bang::bang::bang: so needless to say it leaked. well i got the bright idea,,yes the 5 watt light bulb went off in my head.. took it all back apart and sealed off the original vent hole. so now it is sealed. i pulled the recoil assembly off and relocated the tank vent. i drilled a 5/32 in the upper part of the tank just to the right of the primer bulb. i used a very low speed to make sure the plastic was drawn out instead of being pushed into the tank. then i pushed the duck bill in the hole. it was a snug fit but that is good.. so now i don't have to worry about the thing leaking out of the filler cap,,, but here is the pic of the finished product...
001-1.jpg

good one ! that's a 10 watter at least.
FWIW-maybe put a little block of air filter foam over it to keep the dirt out ?

good one ! that's a 10 watter at least.
FWIW-maybe put a little block of air filter foam over it to keep the dirt out ?

i have some foam air filter material that i am going to put over it and the starter cover will hold it in place

Latest posts

Back