Block off plate 026 Stihl?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I’m looking to buy block off plates to pressure test an 026/260 stihl. Anyone have a lead on some I can buy that work? I know I can make these but….I don’t want to. I have too many projects to add this to the list, and I value my time. Please no other advice.

Get a new muffler ;) the company that makes duct tape makes a rubber tape thats about 1/16 thick and its soft and self adheres to itself. A length of this should work and its on most hardware store shelfs in the tape section or plumbing section. Stihl sells a blockoff tool that bolts in place of the carb with a tit in its center for the pressure/vac tester tube.

Get a new muffler ;) the company that makes duct tape makes a rubber tape thats about 1/16 thick and its soft and self adheres to itself. A length of this should work and its on most hardware store shelfs in the tape section or plumbing section. Stihl sells a blockoff tool that bolts in place of the carb with a tit in its center for the pressure/vac tester tube.
I have 2 different carb blocks (Stihl brand I got from Def. Dave) and I use them on a slew of different saws including my Jonsereds. Turned out to be a good investment for me.

Double up two pieces of motorcycle inner tube.

If it's warped to crap how is it going to seal the gasket when you assemble the saw? Maybe beat it flat with some heat or replace it.
Thanks I got this coming and I did find some of the thick tape/double sided mounting tape. That did a good job of sealing the intake off it’s just this damn muffler. It looks like I may have to work on it some to make sure it’s not leaking exaust when this thing goes back together.

I’m looking to buy block off plates to pressure test an 026/260 stihl. Anyone have a lead on some I can buy that work? I know I can make these but….I don’t want to. I have too many projects to add this to the list, and I value my time. Please no other advice.
On the intake side just use a cork, works as good as anything on a Stihl..

Thanks I got this coming and I did find some of the thick tape/double sided mounting tape. That did a good job of sealing the intake off it’s just this damn muffler. It looks like I may have to work on it some to make sure it’s not leaking exaust when this thing goes back together.
I made some plates from 1/2" thick sheets of PVC that have worked great. I'm sure in a pinch you could probably make them out of wood and use some rubber for a gasket.

It's real easy to trace around a gasket to use a piece of aluminum to make a plate, then just drill 2 holes for the bolts. Then just use a little sealer around the edge. I could probably make a block-off plate quicker than I could find one to buy..

I used wood clamps, plexiglass plates and cardstock to pressure test. Used impulse tube for pressure tap. However it doesn't test intake boots.
On an 026 you can, just shove a cork in the intake and it'll hold at least 10 lbs pressure. I bought several different size corks when I was in the store and so far I've been able to test many different size saws..

Back