• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Blue Homelite Super XL Automatic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
I have a blue Homelite Super XL Automatic that needs to find a new home. The saw appears to have limited use and was well taken care of. It arrived non op, I pulled the flywheel and cleaned the points, coil and flywheel magnets and got it to run on prime. It does not pick up fuel so the carb will need a rebuild. It has the original 16" bar and a good chain. Asking $75 plus the ride from 23901.

IMG_1367.JPG IMG_1369.JPG IMG_1370.JPG

I have a blue Homelite Super XL-12 Automatic that needs to find a new home. The saw appears to have limited use and was well taken care of. It arrived non op, I pulled the flywheel and cleaned the points, coil and flywheel magnets and got it to run on prime. It does not pick up fuel so the carb will need a rebuild. It has the original 16" bar and a good chain. Asking $75 plus the ride from 23901.

View attachment 544208 View attachment 544210 View attachment 544211
I think this is a Homelite Super XL not an XL-12. There are several parts numbers that are different. All X-12 had the oil cap on the back and the Super XL oil cap was on top front of saw
chainsawlady

I think this is a Homelite Super XL not an XL-12. There are several parts numbers that are different. All X-12 had the oil cap on the back and the Super XL oil cap was on top front of saw
chainsawlady
Actually all the AO saws had the oil fill in the front top right, and non AO saws had the oil fill in the back of the saw, pretty sure all the super XL's had the AO but not necessarily the manual over-ride oiler.....

Got it today and everything was as promised. Now to rebuild the carb and get it running. Visually, it looks like it was used very little. Guido gets a a+ in my book

Latest posts

Back