Bmp certification in fl.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzy42

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Any other Flori duh guys take the test yet.

Well I did,and am now certified by Manatee County thru a program overseen by the University of Florida.Yes sir ree bob ,I have been properly trained ,educated,isuued card and sticker for the truck
I am now certified to ....................wait for it

Operate a leaf blower on a pervious surface.

The state law takes effect in 2 more years or so ,but my county adopted the policy and bumped up the implemintation.
Had to go to a 4 hour class and pay 15$to listen to a bunch of stuff aimed mostly at lawn jockies.
The whole thing is about storm water drains and how to prevent lawn clippings and fetilizer from getting into storm drains .Over watering lawns,frequency,duration ,blah blah blah blah blah.

So,,,,I'll fill the rest of you tree guys in so you can be super edumacated like me.
''Don't blow the last of the rakings into the storm drain''
No freekin duh?
Sorry ,just needed to rant .The fact that they made me sit in a room full of lawn jockies and landscrapers for 4 hours for this a little peturbing.

hope they have a class in spanish if not you be the only one cert:msp_sneaky:

that like the pesticides cert card i got the other day thru my company, on the card it say has pay the fee requied by the state of fl say nothing about has been trained

hope they have a class in spanish if not you be the only one cert:msp_sneaky:
Yes,I went to the afternoon session.As I was leaving,the morning [all spanish]class was leaving.

that like the pesticides cert card i got the other day thru my company, on the card it say has pay the fee requied by the state of fl say nothing about has been trained
No. this cert does not allow pest. or fert[seperate class ,seperate test ,seperate $$]. It just tells us how to clean up a jobsite.That's why I think it was such a crock.

It's a money grab by the government. They are doing the same thing to contractors as well. You need to be licensed, then certified and then be certified again with led paint removal. Instead of taxes you get fees. Hold on to your wallets it's about to get worse once we go off the cliff. It hasn't been this bad in Washington since 1860 and you know how that went.

:choler:

Back