botany image library search

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What were you trying to find? I put parenchyma into the search site you posted and got nothing.

I got several million hits on Google.

93,200 images came up at Google images:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=...hyma&btnG=Search+images&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&start=0

LOTS of good pictures.

Wikipedia says:

"In plants
Further information: Ground tissue#Parenchyma

Parenchyma cells are thin-walled cells of the ground tissue that make up the bulk of most nonwoody structures, yet sometimes their cell walls can be lignified. Parenchyma cells in between the epidermis and pericycle in a root or shoot constitute the cortex, and are used for storage of food. Parenchyma cells within the center of the root or shoot constitute the pith. Parenchyma cells in the ovary constitutes the nucellus and are brick-like in formation. Parenchyma cells in the leaf constitute the mesophyll; they are responsible for photosynthesis and they allow for the interchange of gases[3]."

That's a great site to know about. Sorry you didn't get much results in your search but thanks for the post I'm glad to have it bookmarked now.

What were you trying to find?

I just Stumbled across it. I used parenchyma as a test because it was esoteric enough to make a good one, and I could spell it :laugh:

Right now all I'm looking for is work :eek: had a good day lined up, but it got pushed into next week due to rain all day. for some reason my client thought a 30* (forgot the code again) limbwalk over a roof was better done in dry weather.

Latest posts

Back