Bought 026 on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyote556

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just bought an 026 on ebay with a new bar and chain. Claimed to have inspected the piston and cyl through the exhaust. Guy had great feedback. I paid $155. If the saw Is what the seller says it is, i think i did ok. what do you all think?

sounds like a good deal. You won't know for sure until saw arrives and you see for yourself

I think you probably did pretty well. Is it a Pro model? If so, you did really well. There's another thread on here about buying saws on ebay, and to echo what's said on there, if you buy a saw on ebay it's buyer beware. That's not at all to say that sellers are out to get you, or are untrustworthy, but you're basically buying a saw sight unseen. Again, that in and of itself is not at all bad. But I've seen a bunch of sellers that buy a saw at an estate sale, have never started a saw in their lives and couldn't tell you the difference between an 009 and an 090. The guy may not know it's got poor compression or had bad gas through it. On the other hand, there's many many guys who buy saws, fix them up and sell them. I just bought a Stihl 020 on ebay, and it's supposed to be good to go with some minor tweaking, but I'm prepared for it to get here, need a cylinder, carb rebuild, bearings, new bar, etc. to get it going right. It most likely won't, but it might, and I'd be happy to fix it up and get it running. That's part of the fun. So for buying any saw, on ebay, yard sale, pawn shop, where ever, look at fixing it up as part of the price, and fun. If it's good to go out the door, well then you're well ahead. All in all, buying a used saw isn't a big deal. If it's jacked up beyond repair or whatever, you can turn around and sell it. If it needs some work, it most likely won't break the bank or eat up an entire weekend. And if it starts on the third pull and runs well.....Sweet!

An 026 for $155. Sounds respectable to me. There's deals to be had. I bought an 056 for $120 that runs great, looks good, and is a solid saw. I love it.

Take care all,
Jeff

I'd have to say you did good too. As long as the seller has some knowledge of what he's selling you should be ok. I really get a laugh out of the ones that give it a little shot of carb cleaner, gas (straight or mix)?!, either, or whatever is at hand. And then tell you it runs great! My rule for Ebay has always been to keep it as cheap as possible. So nowadays everything seems to be out of my price range. Folks throw alot of cash around with used saws on there. I've made out quite well selling them, seems that everything has value now.

well in my opinion the saw looks like shes spent a many of hour in a mans sweaty hand.. no matter tho .. if shes running well ,you bought
one of the dependable saws..new sprocket , good sharp chain.. and you probably set..i didnt look atthe bar but if its worn an such ,id change that also..
good luck bud

well, you all got the right one. thats the auction i won. and believe it or not, i did not really snipe it. i put my bid in about two minutes before the auction ended with the max i would pay and i was just lucky that someone elses max was only a few cents less than mine. the seller said he sent it out today so i will let you all know how it turns out. :)

Latest posts

Back