• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Box 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
Got this box of 066 parts here. With some more parts from another stash there could be a saw. 2 cases (one early 066 poly flywheel case and crank, one flat top case with aluminum flywheel) flat top case has cooked bearings but crank is good. Other case has tight bearings with good crank but damaged top cover mount. 2 early fuel tanks and may be a later 660 tank if a guy don't message me back soon. Any questions just ask. Looking to trade for a similar box of 372 or 385/390 husky parts. I also have a good used 660 top end and a good used 066 flat top top end I'd include for the right trade.

f861e9c852f70920a4151e5a9680f595.jpg

c93b4baeefd64919dcd8e4d0f712d675.jpg

****, i just realized i messed up and put this in saws. meant to go in parts. if a mod could please move this to parts that would be great.

you mean someone moved my ad to chainsaws? i did put it in parts? :dizzy:

I could not discern where your original post had been posted at, when I looked it up after reading your PM I found it there and left it.I will now move it to the ,parts subforum, you are welcome.

Out of curiosity, what would that box sell for??

Out of curiosity, what would that box sell for??

i would not sell the box as a lot, no money in it. i might assemble the 2 saws that are in there and sell them as parts saws though. guys see a bin of parts and think they can get them for nothing which is ok. some guys might want to get an easy sell and be rid of them. then a parts saw is more valuable to anyone because it's all there. had a guy offer me $50 shipped on this lot lol he didn't insult me and he'll read this but he just had no idea is all. they will cost $60 just to ship and maybe even more then that which is why a trade is better. i can make more selling parts as people need them and i'm not concerned about money so prefer to trade for something i need. plus it seems the only way to get parts out of the 385/390 parts hoarders is to offer something up they need more. anyways, these are traded for exactly what i was looking for. :)

I hear you. I'm a year into a never ending project, but I figure once she's done, I'll probably build a 066/660 or a 395... Or a 372. That being said, I wonder if I can get started for around 200 bucks. I figured a part saw would sell for around that. Am I right, close or way off??

I hear you. I'm a year into a never ending project, but I figure once she's done, I'll probably build a 066/660 or a 395... Or a 372. That being said, I wonder if I can get started for around 200 bucks. I figured a part saw would sell for around that. Am I right, close or way off??

well for this box sold separate would be more of a hassle, take longer, but more money in it. $200 is a good offer actually just to have it all gone. ship once and cash in ya know. like i said though, this lot has been traded. :) both the 2 saws in this box ran when stripped and other then the odd thing the only big thing missing are the handles. flat top ended up in there for roached bearings. it ran great but the top end had a minty bore and piston so wasn't gonna chance roaching it too. the poly flywheel saw just has a piece of the case where the top cover bolts on the clutch cover side broken off. other then that it ran just fine and has a tight bottom end.

Well, I'm glad you've achieved your objective.
I'm still working on something else, but at least I know where to start next time! Just wasn't meant to happen yet!

Latest posts

Back