Br 600 valve adjusting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another Bucker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My br600 blower seems a little sluggish. I've had it two years and have roughly 150-200 hours on it. Anyone know the factory recommended procedure for valve adjustment? Thanks.

You might want to take it back to your dealer... If the exhaust valve has burned they will likely replace it under warranty... even if the warranty is slightly over-due. Talk to them... The early valve was not Stellite - the valves since Nov last year are.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up on the valve construction. Is there a serial number cut off because I know of several people [friends and relatives] that used my blower and had to have one of their own.

No serial number data is available, but, if you have a manufacture date of 0510 (it onte lable as MD0510) or above you should have the new exhaust valve.

No serial number data is available, but, if you have a manufacture date of 0511 (it on the label as MD0510) or above you should have the new exhaust valve.

No serial number data is available, but, if you have a manufacture date of 0511 (it on the label as MD0511) or above you should have the new exhaust valve.

Is there an echo in here?;) I guess I'm beat as warranty ended about a year ago. Time to see if my dealer will get me a factory service manual.
Lakeside thanks for all your help.:bowdown:

Don't be so sure about the expired warranty. If the machine hasn't been abused, and there is a valve issue, Stihl's been pretty generous. After all you and Stihl certainly expected the machine to last longer than 200 hours!

We've seen few of the early valve failures out here, but other parts of the country reported more. Our store hasn't had a single issue with this.

Back