Bradco or Branch Manager Grapple?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent Iron

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am not a tree guy...well, I burn a lot of wood. I am a landscaper that does some tree work, but more landscape work like dealing with clearing sections of land, ripping out shrubs and trees, moving and placing bolders and stuff like that. If I were a tree guy feeding a chipper, I would get a branch manager without question. But if you were not feeding a chipper, and using your grapple for multi-purpose, would you go with the opened tined Bradco Brush Grapple, or the Branch Manager? I can get either for the same price, and a good price at that. I would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks

I think what you are referring to as Bradco is the manufacture of a root grapple? The root grapple is more versatile than feeding brush/movinng logs. Ripping out roots, brushes and small tree stump with the root grapple will get you far more work done than with a rotating grapple(branch manager)

John

I think you are correct. It is not a grapple bucket with a flat smooth bottom that could pick up small stones. This has steel tines that are connected toward the front edge by something a kin to cutting edge. The top then has offset tines that come down and make contact with that edge. It would not be great for stump fines, but chunks and logs, and skimming the ground would be effective. It does not open as far as the branch manager, but still is in the mid 36" range. I have a 4n1 bucket, but it would be no match for this grapple for handleing these types of chores. By the way, this is a small unit for a Dingo.

Thanks

Paul

Both of the different styles of grapples on that site look great! The clam shell looks like it could rival the Branch Master, and the other looks super. The jaws open wide. Do you have experience with these, and what is your opinion? Any idea on price and such?

Thanks

Paul

Both of the different styles of grapples on that site look great! The clam shell looks like it could rival the Branch Master, and the other looks super. The jaws open wide. Do you have experience with these, and what is your opinion? Any idea on price and such?

Thanks

We've dealt with Ryan's for years. He builds his attachments to last. They may not be the cheapest units, but you'll not be replacing them in a few years either.

Send me a PM and I'll get you the list prices or you can call Ryan's directly and he'll quote you.

Latest posts

Back