Brake controllers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is neither, but it is the old style. It taps into the brake light, and you set the strength. Either on or off with the brake lights, but variable strength. It works, but depending on weather and road surface, I've had trailer wheels lock up. It can be jerky too. I've got a pintle hitch.

If you feel like spending the money, I've sure the new fancy ones that have a gyroscope or pendulum thing in them are nice, they work by g-force, the harder you brake the stronger they apply the trailer. I'm sure it's much smoother. I believe there is still a range adjustment, but it's not on/off like mine.

I've got three Tekonsha prodigy's which I think are progressive. I really like them. I've had some Kelseys and something else but the tekonsha has been the best for me.

I have a time delay in my dump truck and progressive in my other pickup and I would recommend the progressive with out any question.

I feel like the time delay is never correct....either its over braking or under braking never perfect.

The prodigy is worth the money. I had a time delay one once and hated it.

We bought a silverado 2500hd to pull the camper with and the old man was fu&$ing with the controller going down a 9% grade... Locked the brakes up real good. I informed him to leave his damn hands on the steering wheel!!!!!

Back