Brass fitting in top of ms260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daemon2525

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I don't have time or desire to take it apart tonight. COuld someone tell me what the little brass fitting is in the top of the ms260?

ooops

Yeah, its the screw that holds the cover on. I just never saw one that looked like that.

Welcome to the forum; everyone was a newbie in the beginning and this forum is the place to get questions answered. Glad you got it sorted out.

Yep, used to live in CO and we came down to NM all the time. In fact I've traveled it pretty extensively looking for old frontier Army Post's. I'm a retired soldier and there is a lot of military history in NM.

I am from Fort Wayne, Indiana. Actually live nearer to a little one stop sign town called Hoagland.

My neighbors and I like to saw firewood for the fireplaces and we burn more firewood outside in the yard than we do in the house.

I have not used the 260 yet, but I am sure I will like it. It is quieter that I expected. Maybe that is because I am use to my old saws that I drilled holes in the exhaust.

Making some holes in the exhaust of that 260 will improve its performance too. EPA guidelines have really restricted the muffler ports on all new saws. The muffler on the 260 comes apart real easy and then you can do the obvious to let more of that exhaust pressure out; otherwise, its almost like having a 'jake brake' on the darn thing.

I have been so busy at the office that I have not had time to look at the thing. I do remember thinking that it looked like it had plenty of holes in it already. It is a more complicated looking exhaust than the others.

The saw has more of a "sewing machine" sound than my others.

Latest posts

Back