British English Chainsaw Terms VS American English?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard: " You invented this language and can't even speak it." Pertaining to England and their speaking /slang.

Another UK term I don't know if the US has a term for it " Clapped or Clapped Out" the reference originated from back in the days of the Music Hall/Variety shows If an artist was not good the audience kept up a continuess quicker than the slow hand clap but not as quick as the clap of approval until the performer left the stage It was adopted for a bit of kit that was no longer any good due to wear /poor performance Hence a blunt/worn out saw chain would be termed "Clapped /Clapped Out".
.... F**ked...

A guy should carry Jeff Foxworthy's redneck dickternery at all times.

First time I tried to read some Canadian/French directions I thought what the heck, written by someone who cannot spell. Might be Jethro Bodine using his 6th grade education from the Beverly Hillbillies. Then I called the phone number on the instruction paper for assistance and someone got on the phone speaking French. Thought maybe I had got a Microsoft tech from Pakistan. I said is anyone around your place or neck of the woods that can speak and understand American English being spoken by a redneck. The woman said YES in clear English, wait a minute. All went well then.

I've heard: " You invented this language and can't even speak it." Pertaining to England and their speaking /slang.
The Brits can speak Anglo Saxon pretty well it's other nations that have altered the original with words that suit themselves. The UK although a small country has a good few variations on the language that even residents of other parts of the country cannot understand.

In the UK 'chaps' refers to nice fellows that you went to school with, while in the USA it refers seatless trousers worn by lumberjacks and cowbows, or perfume worn by highly groomed Ralph Lauren models?

Philbert

technical redneck terms to describe mechanical items things to other redneck and Bubba.

whatcha ma callits and thingma jigs

and hand me norther one of them thar big cold beers, Bubba.

and when I first seen the term GRUB screws being used as a chainsaw vent I had to do a redneck search, because I was thinking of the big white wood boring (screwing) GRUB worms , that I have used for fish bait. (and when I was thinking about this I started smelling wood burning from my block head)

How would they use a Grub worm on a chainsaw???

Back