Broght two Homelite XL Autos back from the dead

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob95065

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got a couple of Homlite XL Automatics back from the dead this morning. Both needed the points filed and fired right up. I got one from a guy on the way to the Nor Cal GTG the beginning of November and the other I got as part of a haul of 4 Homelites that I posted here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/216281.htm

I got a bunch of plastic totes out of the trash at work that are perfect for project saws:

asset.php

Closer shot:

asset.php

I find stuff like this brand new in the trash at work all the time. The tubs I got were used but in great shape. Not only that the price was right!

The guy that sold me the saw on the way to the GTG said the saw had really low power. The sw he sold me hit 180 PSI compression cold and the other was at 160 PSI. When I removed the clutch cover I found this:

asset.php

Shot of the thickness of it:

asset.php

Down the length:

asset.php

That thing may look wet with oil and flexible but it was hard as stone. The heat from friction baked it into a brick. Let's just say the saw ran much better once it was out.

I have one more XL and a C-51 to go and I am all caught up!

Bob

I got a couple of Homlite XL Automatics back from the dead this morning. Both needed the points filed and fired right up. I got one from a guy on the way to the Nor Cal GTG the beginning of November and the other I got as part of a haul of 4 Homelites that I posted here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/216281.htm

I got a bunch of plastic totes out of the trash at work that are perfect for project saws:

269102d1356211429-img_4199-jpg

Closer shot:

269103d1356211437-img_4200-jpg

I find stuff like this brand new in the trash at work all the time. The tubs I got were used but in great shape. Not only that the price was right!

The guy that sold me the saw on the way to the GTG said the saw had really low power. The sw he sold me hit 180 PSI compression cold and the other was at 160 PSI. When I removed the clutch cover I found this:

269099d1356211402-img_4196-jpg

Shot of the thickness of it:

269100d1356211411-img_4197-jpg

Down the length:

269101d1356211421-img_4198-jpg

That thing may look wet with oil and flexible but it was hard as stone. The heat from friction baked it into a brick. Let's just say the saw ran much better once it was out.

I have one more XL and a C-51 to go and I am all caught up!

Bob

Your pictures imbedded with your post so we can follow along.

Hi Bob. Nice work. Put [ IMG ] [ / IMG ] tags on either side of the direct links for your pics. I had to put spaces in them so they'd show up here. I'll post a pic here for you to see what I'm talking about. Click "reply with quote" below my post and see (in the reply box) how I have my pic set up with the IMG tags.

photobucket-15374-1347849752497.jpg

Back