brush bandit chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeist

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anybody own a Brush Bandit chipper? I am thinking about a tracked model but I dont know much about them.

Go with Vermeer or Morbark. Brush Bandits suck... noisy, clunky, poorly designed rattletraps.

But that's just MY opinion.

What size tracked chipper are you looking to buy? What are your reasons for it being tracked?

Wildland Urban Interface I live in Oregon I am doing work to reduce fire hazard where people have built their homes close to the brushy hills and forest.

I talked to the BB dealer today about a tracked chipper says they had problems with the cat rubber tracks and would only offer them in steel in the future. I asked them about a cat deisel hydraulic drum for chipping wide brush he told me he would put a price together for me and send me a video. I guess they dont have any hills there to try it out

Down to Earth I think said it best. We have several guys who use the skids or Cat machines to bring the load to the chipper. Your money will well invested to buy a bigger chipper 200+ HP and look into an implemax attachment. I believe they make a pretty nice shear that works well also. Those track chippers are expensive. I have never sold one but have priced some. I believe you can easily spend 125K. I believe that was with a grapple though. 200+ Hp Chipper...45K and I believe those Cat machines are approx 45K -50K. Dont quote me on that. You can do so much more with that set up though.

PS. Morbark on the bigger chippers.

I tow my Bandit 90 behind my Jeep Gladiator (1971 3/4ton) to get back and up where they want cedar atomized. No where I can't go and not much I can't chip (except dead giant live oak). Perfect rig for the Hill Country.

we got are first bb 1890 (18") on tracks 200 hp./ 3000 lb winch on back 15000lb. on front. 8 months back and we have another one that will be hear in Jan.

we wear towing chippers with skid steers or jeeps but found that we spent to much time moving the chippers around! and it took more men to make it happen. we can put one man in a skid steer or min.ex with the remote for the chipper and let them chip away!!! you can also get the track chippers into spots you can not get a tow able chipper to . but the price of them are about $90,000 .so you have to have the right work for one!!(or two :) )

PS.the 14" bb 200 hp. on tracks is only about $7000 cheaper

Back