Brush pickup? Good business or waste of time?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you restack and only do the jobs on an hourly rate it can be good money and a "in" for other work.

We did a heap yesterday for a local park. Aside from the usual there was one very big dead rat, 2 used condoms and a half dozen beer bottles. This week we have done 6 hours chipping by the hour. Its PITA work when your busy but keeps things ticking when your not.

Well it good to see people getting back to nature and practicing safe sex

I do it all the time, 2 illegals at $5.00 an hour under the table and I just sit back and watch.....lol....

not really, I'm just joking, I learned the hard way not to chip H/O piles, they pile leaves and all sorts of crap in the pile then expect you to clean all then crap up...

I do it all the time, 2 illegals at $5.00 an hour under the table and I just sit back and watch.....lol....

not really, I'm just joking, I learned the hard way not to chip H/O piles, they pile leaves and all sorts of crap in the pile then expect you to clean all then crap up...

Well in Texas illegals get more than $5.00 an hr, and under the table is the only way you can pay them.

Yeah thats why you have to be clear on what you will and wont chip, and put a healthy charge on "additional debris" that we put in wool sacks and dump. Its not fun but its work and its an in.

I have several ads in creigs list. One in barter(tree work trade for? and one in landscape says," Save big money, Cert. Arborist will do your tree work. Fine pruning, to ISA standards, removals. I'll do the work, you do the clean up." Its keeping my head above water right now. If only I could hook up with the curb side guys.

Back