Bucket trucks/ vs. spiking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf Blitzer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
"There is a bad, retarded rumor that the larger tree companies spread the word that climbing a tree with spikes or "spurs" is damaging to a tree in order to get more business."

This theory is flawed, spiking is harmful, if you have a bucket truck, well fine, but this ridiculous argument leaves out the entire profession of climbing trees.

Come on,
Lets increase our collective IQ'S

SMT

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your name McPeak? :confused: Are you NOT making sense on purpose, or are you just that ignorant?

Never a dull moment around here.

hurts.gif

bucket trucks, spiking, climbing and other theories.

something must have been lost in the translation.

Brian,
It looks more like he is saying that [companies with bucket trucks spreading the word that spikes are harmful, in order to gain business] is the rumor. It's a little hard to follow, but it looks like the gist of the statement is that spiking is harmful. Am I right, Wolf?
-Sean

Sport climbing :D

Wolfie,
Spiking a tree you are going to keep, I.E a trim job, is detrimental to the tree. If you want the tree biology 101 disertation I will happily give it again for you.

Bucket trucks are tools that can be missused, just as chainsaws can. Properly used they can add productivity to even small companies.

Proper use of rope and saddle technique will graetly expand your climbing abilites. Too bad the CO ISA chapter has already had it's jamboree. You could have watched some good climbers moving in trees.

I'm willing to help you with your proffesionalism if you are willing to listen.

Back