Bucket trucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arbor2007

Reaction score
We are currently looking into purchasing a new 75 foot bucket truck with a chip box on it. I am currently leaning towards the Lift Al and was looking for some advice or input on what others have to say. I am leaning towards the lift all because of its sqaure boom, high flow hydrolics (you dont have to idel the motor up in order to gain boom speed), the elevator mounts perpindicular to the frame (can get the truck on a 120" ca) and the truck seems to be cheeper than the others. Any advise or input would be appreciated.

OK Thanks. I dont believe I have ever ran one of them. Altec, Hiranger, versalift, Gemini, Telsta, and Pico but no lift all.......have to put it on my to do list. :hmm3grin2orange:

I personaly like terex. The problem I have with the other brands is how long the boom is. With terex you get a 60' boom and a 15' scissor lift which cuts down the length of the truck, which is important if you want it ot be mounted on a flatbed. Around here any way to cut the length of the truck is a big issue since how close everthing is together.

PLEASE lets not turn this into another Terex vs...... there is at least three threads out there in the last moth that cover this same topic in depth.

Well, I am an Operations manager for a highly thought of tree care company.
You pick a good lift- however, I would put in on a flat bed and not have a chipper in back of it. The brush, guys, chipper and the need to clean up, Dude, good lift, no chip-box. My opinion.
Jeff Lovstrom
Urban Tree Care, Inc.

jeff's right-a bucket with a chip box attached is okay for row work but it causes several problems when it comes to residential work. One of the biggest problems I've seen with this setup is the fact that all work comes to a stop while going to dump chips.

Bucket Truck

Fisrt off I appriacte yalls input and help. I agree that the rearmount flat bed is ideal however we generally run a two man crew. Most of our work is pruning. We do have another chip truck that we can use on those jobs with excesive chips or just simply when it is more fesable. As most people our biggest problem is finding employees exspecially ones that can drive, I feel it will be even more difficult to find guys that can handle the larger trucks.

Jeff
I am assuming that you have used the lift all. Was this the 75 foot? What are your general thoughts on the lift All all toghether? Have you used other lifts as well.

Again I appreciate yalls thoughts and coments. All things are being considered.

arnt most bucket trucks with a boom that long going to be on a tandum axle truck? otherwise you might be overweight.

No way. Here's a pic of a Terex Hi-Ranger 75' elevator. I really both these trucks :) Actually the Red one is BostonBulls.

Latest posts

Back