Buckingham vs. Sherrill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limbwalker

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the Buckingham Versatile and the Versatile sold through the Sherrill catalog? Does Buckingham make the saddle for them or does Sherrill make their own?

Thanks,
Limbwalker

Sherrill is a distributor for Buckingham. If you ask about it in the Arboristsite forum specifically labeled 'Sherrill' under equipment forums, Sean will answer you personally.

If you ask any Buckingham retailer, they can get saddles set up to your personal configuration preferences. For instance, leather backing, a very nice option.

I have a bone to pick with B'ham's/Sherril's pricing of the new modulars. It is way out of line, in my opinion. And still has not incorporated a feature which I have recommended, a better shaped and attached large d ring. Most of my other gripes have been addressed. I'm due for my third, might still be on the first if it had been designed right from the start.

I'll answer this question even if it's not in our forum. Shoot, I'll even include some pictures. Yes, our Sherrill saddles are manufactured by Buckingham, to our specifications. The differences are the obvious color, and our Versatile has the extra ring behind each of the two snaps (picture 1), and we have more attachment loops (7 to the regular 5) (picture 2).
verscompare2.jpg
verscompare1.jpg

As for the pricing on our Pro Series saddles, our prices are relative to Buckingham's prices. The price is a concern of ours, which we bring to the attention of Buckinham. Thanks.
-Sean

The attached image is of our ArborMaster Series Versatile saddle being worn.

sean , why do you guys go with the little D rings? i ordered my saddle from wespur because they were able to get them with the big D rings.

We stock the smaller D rings because they are much more popular than the large. However, we CAN order the saddles with large D rings if someone requests it.
-Sean

The small D-rings are too small, the large D-rings are too large, and the butterfly has a nice size D-ring.

It would be nice if D-rings didn't flop around, so they always were right where you left 'em, and so they stuck out. The small D-rings have a bend to them which helps, as does the butterfly's, but they both fold out of the way when you don't want them to.

The new saddle that John Paul was talking about(what the heck is the name of that thing?), has floppy round rings, the worst design I've ever seen, IMO, but I have not climbed in it, so I could be wrong.

mike, i have a pinnacle that i ordered from wespur. it has a medium sized d ring. their smaller than my weaver saddle d rings. those small ones look horrible. i could still fit a steel snap inside the ring to snap it. now think of the disadvantage if the rings always stuck out? seems like they would get hung up on every thing. plus the belt would have to be real stiff to support the d rings. sounds too pain full to me.

Latest posts

Back