Buddy Killed falling a fir

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man!

Well I mentioned this little conversation to a fellow treeman who is in a position to hear a lot and he has not heard a thing. And then I did another search online, this time specifically of the local news paper, the Marin IJ, and nothing. So now I really curios. The thing is, if someone did die in my back yard I would want to know about it.

Curious Matt? All these fellow treemen are torn up emotionally, some are on psyc leave. Not to mention his wife and his little ones and family. I know who you are. I actually was hoping to meet you at an auction someday, now that might not be such a good thing if we met. Curious....... you just might end up being curious what your name is every 2 minuets....... after you wake up. This is more than personal. I don't need to explain anything to you and Im not going to because instead of compassion your sending hate. I just put this out there to get prayer for his family and everyone involved and maybe help all of us who are actually working - help keep are heads up. Maybe if you were actually still out there working in the field you wouldn't have so much time to get all twisted. I don't know about your dam newspaper. I told you the company is trying to brush this under the carpet, I shouldn't have even mentioned the company name. LEAVE IT ALONE, BAUER.

COPY?

Curious Matt? All these fellow treemen are torn up emotionally, some are on psyc leave. Not to mention his wife and his little ones and family. I know who you are. I actually was hoping to meet you at an auction someday, now that might not be such a good thing if we met. Curious....... you just might end up being curious what your name is every 2 minuets....... after you wake up. This is more than personal. I don't need to explain anything to you and Im not going to because instead of compassion your sending hate. I just put this out there to get prayer for his family and everyone involved and maybe help all of us who are actually working - help keep are heads up. Maybe if you were actually still out there working in the field you wouldn't have so much time to get all twisted. I don't know about your dam newspaper. I told you the company is trying to brush this under the carpet, I shouldn't have even mentioned the company name. LEAVE IT ALONE, BAUER.

COPY?

I am going to say this because it needs to be said, most specifically because questions have been asked respectfully and now dodged with irrational, emotional straw man, and because it's the internet: PROVE IT.

There are some seriously sick people out there who get their jollies playing on the sympathies of others. I have had personal experience with REAL people claiming to parents that their children are dead, not the anonymity of the internet. We don't want to think that you are one of them.

Any accident of this magnitude would be public knowledge by now. Please submit the news article covering this tragedy and the link to his obituary, so that people can pray for specific individuals, and not some amorphous construct.

Respectfully, Tyson Asbill

Moderators, please investigate this thread. I would think one phone call to the company in question would solve it. Or the local police. This is free information. Also, I would hate to think that someone has taken the community for a ride.

Would Davey hire completely inexperienced /unqualified guys either as employees or subs and turn them loose on a ROW clearing contract? btw, I don't think anyone here is being hateful other than the OP. And if he is too traumatized to post without getting belligerent, then mebbe he should not hit the submit reply button.

Ok heromaker, I'm going to read your comments as a threat. So let me just say, I don't take kindly to be threatened. If you do come at me at an auction you will find yourself in jail or the hospital.
Having said that, all I have done is posed a comment about there being no coverage about this accident, thats all. I just spent another hours searching the net for info and found nothing. So if you pull your head out of your ass for a minute you might find that my inquiry is legit. I'm not even posing any questions to you or anyone else. I'm just saying I find it odd and I will continue to look into this.

Now, you might want to think about who you are dealing with here before you respond to this. I might just take offense and you really don't want that. Again think before you respond.:msp_biggrin:

Ya I found that one but its in Plumas County by Almanor Lake of Hiway 89. Thats 200 miles from Marin County and it was in September not December.

Sorry to Matt

Yea, this thread is odd. Let's just end it. Apparently written by an angry guy out of touch with reality.

You guys are right, I followed the link it was near Seneca not Marin I was mixed up. Im not ashamed that i asked for prayer and shared how the accident occurred. I am working with his best friend. Sorry for my offensive comments toward you Matt. I couldn't figure where you were coming from.

The death of this 26 year old is a horrible tragedy. The obituary mentioned that he was an experienced tree climber. Sorry for the loss of your friend. Not to belabour this anymore than it has already been, but the OP originally sounded like he was on scene when this accident occurred, and was blaming the employer for what happened.

OK mystery solved. Can't stand it when things don't add up. So no harm done, no offense taken and above all, really sorry for your loss.
What we should all take away from this is just how dangerous this job is. As I was searching for info I found a blog with all the fatalities reported to OSHA for four months in 2011. There are a lot but a surprising number were tree related. I'm talking 4 or 5 a month nation wide.
I had so many close calls myself that I really started to feel that my luck would run out sooner then later. That was one of the big motivators that drove me out of the working end of the business. So to all I say, "work safe" isn't a slogan, it a way of life or more like a way to stay alive.

You guys are right, I followed the link it was near Seneca not Marin I was mixed up. Im not ashamed that i asked for prayer and shared how the accident occurred. I am working with his best friend. Sorry for my offensive comments toward you Matt. I couldn't figure where you were coming from.

I am sorry this happened too. I meant no offense with my last comment.

Back