buffer rubber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driftmaster77

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a stihl 048av with the wraparound handle. All the mounts are good except where the handle attaches under the two nuts that hold the bar. The rubber has rotted away from years of bar oil dripping on it due to my failure to clean or even cover it while it sat for years. I've pretty much looked everywhere for the rubber buffer that fits in the mount and, have struck out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm not sure of the part # of the mount.

Buffer is a common one that was shared with the 056's and a few other's, the p/n is 1115 790 9601 and I've also attached an ipl for the saw. If you ever want to cut it loose, lemme know. One of those was my first real saw and I kinda regret selling it.

Attachments

• 048.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Buffer is a common one that was shared with the 056's and a few other's, the p/n is 1115 790 9601 and I've also attached an ipl for the saw. If you ever want to cut it loose, lemme know. One of those was my first real saw and I kinda regret selling it.

mite sail this one
has fullwrap now
stihl have half too
runs good as it looksIMG_1632 (1).JPG
pm if interested

mite sail this one
has fullwrap now
stihl have half too
runs good as it looksView attachment 1106890
pm if interested
I'm staring down the barrel of a few pricier truck repairs at the moment or I'd be all over it, but if my truck doesn't break any more by within the next few weeks I'll definitely send you a pm.

Thankyou Woodslasher and Hotshot for all the valuable information. I've managed to find for sale the buffer # 1115 790 9601& 9602 but no 9601. They may be the same but different numbers for different saws is often the case. The option for some customizing is always an option and I think I will be ok on that front. What I'm looking at is installing this part. The wraparound handle looks challenging if it needs to be taken off to remove the old part and install the new one, does it? Interesting figuring how the part it goes in place with threads on both sides that would seem to have to be screwed in simultaneously. If anyone has done this before some pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou all!

Thanks DND 9000! found one from Proline that fits the # 1110 790 9600. $ 3:95 plus $3:95 shipping. Good enough. Passed on one at another site for $53:00., glad I keep looking. Thankyou so much.

The total was just over 8 dollars shipped. The part was $ 3.95. I would have paid more. Thanks for everything

Latest posts

Back