Burning English walnut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pafire

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey, I told my wife that I would inquire here about burning english walnut. This english walnut tree got blown over by a storm on a friends property last winter. We burn with wood using a fireplace insert. Can we use this or is it best to be left for a bon fire?
And , I appreciate all the comments, good, or bad.

Man, if it has any size to it, get it milled into lumber!! I WISH I had an English walnut tree here to mill! I wouldn't even consider burning any decent English log!

SR

Hey, I told my wife that I would inquire here about burning english walnut. This english walnut tree got blown over by a storm on a friends property last winter. We burn with wood using a fireplace insert. Can we use this or is it best to be left for a bon fire?
And , I appreciate all the comments, good, or bad.

short on flame and coals, just seems to turn to ash kind of like dry sassafras. Mix it with good hardwood and it will be fine.If I knew somebody with a mill I would do a swap for something, can be beautiful wood so burning seems like a waste tome

Yeah, if they sectioned off that small, it's too small to mess with milling.

Well, just enjoy the firewood now!

I would have GLADLY milled it!

Something spl. like english, 4' or longer ALL goes on my mill!

SR

Latest posts

Back