C C C C C oooooooold here in Upstate NY

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashhole

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
-16 F this morning with a wind chill of -29 F and I know guys to the north of me with ambient air temps of -26 F. Coldest conditions yet this winter.

Fireplace has been going non-stop except for the occassional clean out and doing a pretty good job heating the main living quarters. Burning 2 year split white oak and drinking cold beer. :)

56 days till spring!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, I have Rome, NY on my weather watch page, and it is -5 there now. It was -10 last I looked there last night. That is too frikkin' cold. The low for me here this year is +7 F. and that is only 3 degrees above the record all time low. They hit -10 F south of me in Eugene back in December here. All time low. Polar vortex.

But I think of it this way. Its -40 in Minnesota. It could be worse.

Not quite as cold down here in the Hudson Valley. 5 degrees right now; little before 9:00 pm. Suppose to hit -5 by morning. Stove is keeping things nice and comfy. You certainly do appreciate the wood heat during this type of weather. All that work really pays off, doesn't it?

About -8 here in Washington County this morning, I never saw anything above 4 all day (in my truck) LOL
I don't mind winter but HATE this cold!

flashhole, how is the sledding out your way? I have a few buddies that are headed there tomorrow noon time. Too cold for me and I have too much work to do.
stay warm my friends
dave

-16 F this morning with a wind chill of -29 F and I know guys to the north of me with ambient air temps of -26 F. Coldest conditions yet this winter.

Fireplace has been going non-stop except for the occassional clean out and doing a pretty good job heating the main living quarters. Burning 2 year split white oak and drinking cold beer. :)

I'm a little south of you guys, and the weather channel forcast me for a low of 2 yesterday. When I woke up early this morning the digital thermometer said -7, without the wind chill. Then they originally said we'd hit a high today of 14 I believe. Well, we never got past 6, so you can see they were right on the money with their numbers :dizzy:. My fireplace has been digesting a steady stream of oak too, keeping the house at a comfortable 70-74. I can't complain at all considering the temps out there right now. Man I'm glad my fireback came in earlier this week. 3/4 inch steel can really throw the btu's back into the house! :cool:

Southern tier upstate NY? That's banana growing area. Come up to Enosburg, VT. It was-32F this morning...air temp. Stay warm! Burn wood.

Last edited:
You guys can go ahead & keep that weather on your coast. Been staying right around 25 here and I like it.

P.s. watch your wood piles out there!

Southern tier upstate NY? That's banana growing area. Come up to Enosburg, VT. It was-32F this morning...air temp. Stay warm! Burn wood.
I never made it up your way on deliveries, I always got the Londonderry dealer, how far are you from Colchester?

Last edited:
We would be in tee shirts if we had your temps,lol. Northern mn and will have wind chill of -63 below. So sick of the cold. Suppose to warm up to 28 above on Friday, have to see it to believe it.

3* in Highland Lakes, NJ (bordering Warwick, NY). Wood boiler keeping the house at 71, but it sure is eating the wood supply!

a8abygyv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2* when I left this morning 66* downstairs and thermostat set on 65* upstairs but hardly comes on, days like this I wish I had a second stove, maybe next year.

Dave - sledding not too good here right now. We had one earlier storm with about 14" and the sledders were out but at the moment the snow depth is shallow and you can see patches of bare earth. The storm that hit PA this week was below us. Seems we've been dodging the snow bullet which means I don't have to plow as often.

Some of you guys are getting really frigid temps. Stay safe.

Back