C6500 vs F-750

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truck would you choose?

• Chevy C6500 - 17yd capacity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kneesontrees

Reaction score
After many years in the industry, I'm starting out on my own, and have to pick a chip truck. Based on the work in my area (Philly metro) I think I should have at least a 14-15 yard capacity. There are Chevy 6500 trucks available with 14' boxes, but they're only 5' tall, so they won't go overweight, maxing out around 16-17 yards. These trucks apparently have a bad turning radius, and we'd have to angle the chute down due to the low roof. But they're about $8k less than the F750's, which have the normal 6' tall box. So I'm torn over whether the $8k savings for a new business warrant the compromises. What do you think?

whats the wheelbase and year of each truck? my C7500 turns like the titanic (pre iceberg), but if I shortened the frame 4ft to make it just a chip truck it'd probably turn sharper than my pickup
both of these trucks come in many, many, many options for cab to axle and wheelbase lengths
look into the isuzu "NQR" (I think is the name) its a heavy duty cabover but super short trucks, lots of payload capacity, be better for in town work than a conventional cab truck IMO

my truck has a 10ft 14yd box that 2 guys hand feeding a 12" chipper can fill in 10-15 minutes, although its rare we have that much material on the ground ready to go

Latest posts

Back