CA Exam study question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmum

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new around here, and studying for the CA Exam in Reno at the end of the month. I am using the Arboriculture book by Harris for the bulk of my study material, but it doesn't include anything pertaining to the 'safe work practices' portion of the exam outline. Any ideas on the best place to look for that section?

Thanks so much!
-danmum

CA Exam study Question

ANSI Z 133.1 Standards and try to get a copy of the ISA Arborists' Study guild. The ISA book is what the Test is drawn from. The RW, Harris book will not cover all of what you may need.

Once you get the study guide look at the end of each chapter and there will be suggested reading material. The books suggested can be pricey but you can find them used for cheap on the internet.

Danmum, I know this is a few days after the fact, but if you haven't taken the exam yet...

You have been given good advice on what other books/resources to look into. Another suggestion is to know your basic equipment safety practices as well; i.e., proper procedure for starting and handling your chain saw (also maintenance of); traffic control procedures; parts of your helmet and their intended use; proper use of chipper, etc. It is easy to get locked into focusing on the safety regs for climbing but there will probably be ground safety questions as well.

Good luck.

Sylvia

As the ISA Certification Liaison for my chapter, I usually recommend:

Shigo - Modern Arboriculture
Shigo - New Tree Biology
Harris, Clark, Matheny - Arboriculture
ANSI - Z-133
ANSI - A-300 ( the full set.)

To answer your question specifically, the A-300 has the material you're looking for.

Back