CAD broken?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ijpom

Dude, where's my saw?
Reaction score
Not sure I'm feeling the CAD very strongly, if at all. Here are the symptoms:

Not finding anything worthwhile to cut
Sold a saw, and considering another sale
Not looking at next bigger/best saw
Not motivated to rebuild saws in queue
Haven't gassed up most recent P&C rebuild

As a homeowner, I'm not dependent on my saws for my livelihood.
My mini-forest lacks any more standing dead trees to cut, and only inaccessible branches to trim.

It is spring, so I can get some miles on my bike, and see if CAD returns?

It is gardening season,, I decided to try starting plants in a "COLD FRAME",, or whatever they are called.
I needed some wood,, if I went to the big box store,, the wood could cost me $40,, it would be treated, (bad for the soil, and plants)
The gas to get there would be another $25,,,

BUT,, there is that locust that has been down for 5 years,, and it has not rotted,, CUT some boards out of it with a chainsaw!!

Yea, I was bored, so I made a board,,
not bad for freehand cutting,, I would bet the cold frame will outlast me,,
locust.jpglocust3.jpg

Now,, I gotta find some nails,, Could I use welding rods?? I got PLENTY of them!

My mini-forest lacks any more standing dead trees to cut, and only inaccessible branches to trim.

Its the springtime blues, I've got the same thing. This is the time of year where I sell off all my "meh" saws so I have a little fun money to spend on builder saws during the summer. I'll fix up the builders in the fall/winter, run them a bunch in the winter, sell off my new "meh" saws in the spring, etc.....

It is gardening season,, I decided to try starting plants in a "COLD FRAME",, or whatever they are called.
I needed some wood,, if I went to the big box store,, the wood could cost me $40,, it would be treated, (bad for the soil, and plants)
The gas to get there would be another $25,,,

BUT,, there is that locust that has been down for 5 years,, and it has not rotted,, CUT some boards out of it with a chainsaw!!

Yea, I was bored, so I made a board,,
not bad for freehand cutting,, I would bet the cold frame will outlast me,,
View attachment 974615View attachment 974616

Now,, I gotta find some nails,, Could I use welding rods?? I got PLENTY of them!
Locust is pretty damm tough. Wonder if you could weld it?

Spend more time reading the saw forums.... that usually triggers CAD, if that don't work see a doctor, they have drugs that can cause just about any disease.....

Locust is pretty damm tough. Wonder if you could weld it?

I guess the branches that will be the welding rods, have to be recently cut, and growing, so that they conduct electricity .
That is kinda the opposite of how you have to treat 7018, which has to be VERY dry,,,, Hmmmmmmmmmm,,,, 🤔
It might be tough to find enough branches in my favorite filler size, which is 1/8",, except in late spring.,
I guess I can weld up to about 3/16" ,, but that might take LOTS of amps,,,,,

This would be a REAL test of the saying:
"Miller Welds !! ,,,"

:laugh:

I was up to about 6 saws.....a couple poulans, a couple pioneers and an 025. They all needed help when I got them.....I got them all running good....then I bought a 261cm which cured my CAD. I sold everything except for the 025. As a guy who only cuts a little wood now and then, those are all the saws I need......

I guess the branches that will be the welding rods, have to be recently cut, and growing, so that they conduct electricity .
That is kinda the opposite of how you have to treat 7018, which has to be VERY dry,,,, Hmmmmmmmmmm,,,, 🤔
It might be tough to find enough branches in my favorite filler size, which is 1/8",, except in late spring.,
I guess I can weld up to about 3/16" ,, but that might take LOTS of amps,,,,,

This would be a REAL test of the saying:
"Miller Welds !! ,,,"

:laugh:
I think your problem might be finding a GOOD ground. LMAO :cool: OT

I think your problem might be finding a GOOD ground. LMAO :cool: OT

I have good ground,,,

aWl3oZK.jpg

but, that is only gonna be placed in the cold frame, not for welding,,

X4naBVW.jpg

so, I still have a problem,, :crazy2:
Hmmmmm,, MAYBE, I could have a STILL problem,, but, copper is almost as hard to weld, as locust,,,

🤔

So, in the end, I need to drill the locust to nail it together so that it can hold ground,, :eek:
and, I am still stuck buying giggle water,,, :laugh:

SweetMk how can you treat your Cub Cadet tractor with so little respect.The shame of it all putting a John Deere seat on an otherwise superior tractor.
Kash
It is there,, mainly to draw comments!! I love the comments!! :clap:

No you did not but MTD sure did it to Cub Cadets when they bought out International Harvester.I have a !966 123 Cub the first year for hydrostatic drive and a red cub 682 both built by IH and a half dozen more of varying shades of colour .I love them all especially my 1969.
Case 442 with hydraulic drive.
Kash

Latest posts

Back