CAD gone MAD - changing out torx 2 socket head

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diesel&coffee

diesel&coffee

ArboristSite Guru
HELP PLEASE

What have I done... I was restoring a 031AV :) ... looked at a lot of the old bolts and screws and said they need to go.. new socket head all the way around if possible..

076 / 660 ... hmmmm hate those torx bolts - don't know why I just hate them.. :rant: orderd $30 worth of stainless and hardened bolts for my 361 / 076 / 660... On a mission to find replacements for the handle self tipping screws.. only screws missing to go 100% socket and few pan head's all the way around on the outside of saws.. plus having a few extras of everything for the next victim!!

:dizzy: :D:

:agree2:

ps: where are my nova's - saddness

Last edited:
Hddnis

Hddnis

Addicted to ArboristSite
All the screws are available online if you look for them. Sorry I don't have any links, I lost most of my chainsaw related links when I upgraded my computer.

I know I bought Torx replacements off of ebay for a decent price $.55 ea or so.

Why do you not like torx?

Out of all the ones I've worked with they are the best. We even use them in the automatic screw guns and they rock.

On a saw caked with grease and sawdust I do blow them out with a long tip blow gun so the driver can seat and not strip out, but you have to do that with any screw so not a big deal to me.

Mr. HE:cool:

diesel&coffee

diesel&coffee

ArboristSite Guru
well seeeeeeeeeeeee ! I went mad!

ok now I am beginning to say WTF... but I have a lottttttttt of bolts on the way.. I may convert one for the heck of it - as I said I have a lot of stainless alen / socket head bolts on the way! I think I will convert my new in the box076.. :biggrinbounce2: and the older AV saws..

Hddnis

Hddnis

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 051AV that I'm restoring is being switched to the new torx screws, with loctite. I was considering stainless with allen heads.

It had the flathead screws on it and I hate to admit that I stripped two of them taking the saw apart. They were almost frozen in there and the good thing is I could get the visegrips on them once they stripped.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts