Called to help out a friend with a problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The folks that called me were worried about this tree. Was laying across the road/trail they use to get down to the Lampassas river. The tree was busted off and hanging about 12 feet up on the right (in the picture) and hung up in another tree on the left. IMG_0170-1.jpg
Was able to pull it out of the tree on the left with a 30 foot tow strap.
IMG_0172-1.jpg
Once off the other tree, it was fairly easy to cut into pieces.
IMG_0175-1.jpg
The rest was fairly easy to get down and cut up.
IMG_0178-1.jpg
And the end result was a good 2 hours of work and some fresh Pecan wood for the effort.
IMG_0179-1.jpg

Hal

Those tow straps are invaluable to have on hand. Pulled down many a hanger with them. Easy to throw, relatively cheap, and weigh next to nothing. I use a 6ft.logging chain, with hooks on both ends, and wrap it around the tree first (unless I am throwing the strap over a hanger). Saves wear and tear on the tow strap once the tree is on the ground.

Those tow straps are invaluable to have on hand. Pulled down many a hanger with them. Easy to throw, relatively cheap, and weigh next to nothing. I use a 6ft.logging chain, with hooks on both ends, and wrap it around the tree first (unless I am throwing the strap over a hanger). Saves wear and tear on the tow strap once the tree is on the ground.

I agree. I have a 20 foot chain, the tow strap and I am going to try a small (3000 lb) winch that is mountable in the front receiver on the truck. Great to have some flexibility for rigging a tree.

Hal

Latest posts

Back