Can a modded saw be quiet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Ellison said:
:
I thought Dad was going to have the big one untill he and the cops realized that we had the proper permits. Alls well that ends well.

Your poor dad. You were prepared, and you knew ahead of time you were going to be carrying cedar. But this brand new law is much stranger and unrealistic that some of those longer standing cedar laws. And in some more rural areas the only place to get this particular permit is at a not so close sheriffs office that is only open a few hours a week.

I know some folks working with the original author (PHd type from WSU) who know realizes the law was written too broad and vague. A pickupload of scrubby maple firewood rounds should not be grounds for arrest.

But we really do have a problem up here with the stealing of instrument grade wood, including in some areas helicopter poaching. And I'm a little bit of a tree hugger myself especially on REALLY big trees, but common sense should prevail to have enforceable laws, I think.

Latest posts

Back