Can anyone recommend me some solid pulley blocks please? Or school me on em? Tks.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On most of my blocks I have replaced the shackle pivot pin with a grade 8 bolt, hardened washers, and nylon lock nut. I also use a molly instead of a pin on the latch side.

Bushed sheaves are no problem unless you have high speed rigging. Not likely with a tractor,eh? A 10" A-10 Skookum runs about $1,000.00. Both of mine cost me $75.00.

dude, that has to go on the , i hate you for what you got this year , even though you may not have got them this year. but whatever that thread is. that's amazing to get blocks like that for seventy five bucks, good for you, but i hate you. : )

also, i have one of those chinese blocks that is a 6ton and looks exactly like the ones you've got, cept mine is orange. but i've been happy with it so far for lowering large branches and hanging tops out of trees, i use 3/4" bull line in it and it does great. i realize this is totally off base with what you're dealing with, with your wire rope situation. but just thought throw in my two cents because i have used these blocks. plus they're a pretty good deal at like sixty bucks i think i paid for mine new.

Still haven't gotten around to testing these but I can say the 6" blocks are US$18.20 landed to a bonded whorehouse in USA, min' order 100. Clearance and domestic delivery are extra. I'm not selling them, just letting you guys know what these cost to get into USA in case anyone can build a 100 unit order that I can tag along with - because I would like a few more but can't met the min' order quantity.

I would also like to test one of these to destruction to see where it fails and at what loads, but that's out of my budget.

Latest posts

Back