Can i port out my timber bear???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yetty734

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I see many of you who have in some way opened up your muffler on your saw(s). The budget is to tight for me to buy a new saw, but i could use some more juice. Has anyone ever ported a mcculloch timberbear??? I have no idea how to do it....so anything would help. I would imagine that taking off the spark arrestor would give it a little more right??? any other way to get more power???

:chainsaw: =:greenchainsaw: :jawdrop:

thanks cody

I see many of you who have in some way opened up your muffler on your saw(s). The budget is to tight for me to buy a new saw, but i could use some more juice. Has anyone ever ported a mcculloch timberbear??? I have no idea how to do it....so anything would help. I would imagine that taking off the spark arrestor would give it a little more right??? any other way to get more power???

:chainsaw: =:greenchainsaw: :jawdrop:

thanks cody

go to the chainsaw section

This chainsaw section:

http://www.arboristsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

If you go to the main menu and scan down you will find a whole section devoted to chainsaws......and the men who love them. There is also a section for Race Saws.

Use the "search" function prior to posting and you may find some information without having to ask. And yes you can probably open up your muffler a bit, however the rule of thumb is that you don't want to make an opening that is more than 75% of the exhaust port size or you will start to have problems with a good idle. You will also need to adjust the carb as you will have more fuel being used or leaving through the muffler.....so you could seize your saw if you open up the muffler and run it without adjusting the carb.

Back