Can this cylinder be fixed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtie

Gearhead
Reaction score
This cylinder is off an 028 AV I bought for a song for a project saw. I hope the pics are good enough to show what they need. The main score area is under the intake port. I appreciate your help.

It might be worth checking into,but there is a company called Max Power that I used to have re-chrome my race bike cylinders...They told me once that they could fix any cylinder as long as they had a piston to match it too...They have a web site,but I can't remember what it is....They've always done great work for me,and one of their cylinders would outlast a factory cylinder

I think you need better pic, before anyone can tell.

Dose you'r camera have macro setting...if so use it
if not, I think you need to back off from the cylinder so the
camera can focus

You need to clean it up......to see whats under the piston
build up on the cylinder wall.........it may or may not have scoring
Whats the piston look like?

And really I'm not the guy to tell you.....but this is stuff the guys that
Know their stuff will ask (I think)

it has some scoring on the skirt. I will post a pic tomorrow. Im prepared to get a new p/c, and a total rebuild price pending, but if I can fix whats there I want to. I will take more cylinder and piston pics once its daylight. This camera is awesome, but dont work well for this type of photography. ( It probably would if I knew how to use it right )

I woudnt bother rechroming it.. For about $100 you can get a top qualiy (as good as OEM) Italian (Tecomec) 028S piston and cylinder...

Does Tecomec make a complete rebuild kit with seals, gaskets, and hoses? Does anyone make a kit like that?

Nope, Tecomec supply piston, rings, cylinder, piston pin and clips. You have to get your own bearing, gaskets, etc.

I don't know of anyone who would provide a kit as complete as you are wanting.

Latest posts

Back