CANADA (bc) CUA vs FALLER whos got the better shot?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen good and bad in both fields. it is more the individual, some can and will do excellent work while other just think they can. fallers drop hundreds of trees a day while arborist drop a couple but both should get respect.

"I would never consider comparing a Arborist to a true WESTCOAST FALLER."

Agreed... the experienced timber faller has faced so many more different situations than even the most experienced arborist.

Check out this vido of an arborist falling two trees.. 3 parts.. 25 minutes... This guy is a wannabe tree faller... :). Though somewhere deep inside, he knows he never will be. So like all of us, he just does the best he can with what he's got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNJajLg4Qi4

ps. these trees are within striking distance of a $2 million house.

Looked like a fun job.

Just a comment...
I dropped a spar on a chunk once and it sent the chunk flying about forty feet. Chunk was about 200+lbs. The first spar in your video made me remember it and I thought I would pass it on in case it might save you some grief down the road.

Mr. HE:cool:

I have seen good and bad in both fields. it is more the individual, some can and will do excellent work while other just think they can. fallers drop hundreds of trees a day while arborist drop a couple but both should get respect.

Yep.. Have seen a couple of crusty old farmers who would make some professionals look silly.. so as you said it is all in the individual.. who taught them.. how seriously they take their work.. and how long they have done or how much they have done it.. (of course the chain saw helps too :) )

I live on Vancouver Island the true west Coast B.C , we have the biggest timber , and I know as a Faller my self .. You cant beat a Good Production faller , Aint gonna happen.. Arborist try to come out all the time into the Bush with us and they cant handle it , they wanna get all Technical at the wrong times . We work under Extreme Danger and Have to have pin point accuracy when dealing with 8-10 Cedar/Firs . You cant brush timber and you cant break either .. I would never consider comparing a Arborist to a true WESTCOAST FALLER.

What about the house that doesn't live in the woods that you can't hit:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back