Canadian Better Business Bureau a waste

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Canadians are under the impression that the BBB is the legal watchdog for fraudulent business practices. Whoa! I called to lodge a complaint about a competitior advertising he was an ISA Arborist when I knew he wasn't. I am the first locally and try really hard to maintain a great rep. The BBB told me they take no legal actions in any cases whatsoever. They will only not let the guy pay them to advertise on their website, which is overpriced and useless anyway. One of the guys on their website right now, who they endorse for treecare is a bankrupt, drunk who has the rep around here of never paying his men. Who wants to advertise with the BBB anyway and be next to this kind of guy. Canadians think that if your a BBB member you're automatically reputable. What a joke. ISA told me they can't do anything either. So much for stopping anybody for false advertising. Any ideas?

i wouldn,t count on the BBB until there is a court case against this guy, as for ISA i,m amazed they don,t investigate and bite if need be, it seems to say a lot about ISA... its unfortunate that unlike in the U.S. there,s no incentive to sue in this case...:(

The 3-B`s as their called here call me every year trying to obtain my membership, all they really are is a arbitrator for the consumer in case faulty work is done & the contractor wont do anything.

1st for BBB to do anything the contractor must be a member, I tell my customers when they ask why I am not a member is because I do work right & if something needs re-done...I do it! being a member of the 3-B`s almost tells the public that you need to be forced to correct a problem!!

Its a joke & there are enough consumer laws "NOW" that this organization is outdated.....but feels they can make $$$ of their insignia & I have even been told that!!

"you put our decal in your ads or on your vehicle people recognize that as you being a better business...hence the name!"

LXT.............

BBB is a crock, nothing more than a sells pitch, the contracter has no say first off, I know we do great work but we always get that 1 or 2 customers that are pain in the aXX and say something to the BBB or threaten the idea of if just cause they dont get the idea of true arboriculture. nough said bout those jokers,,,,,,,,,, What a job to have anyway,,, taking complaints and harasing good hard working contracters,,,,,, WHAT A WORM JOB. :buttkick:

Latest posts

Back