Cannon Chainsaw bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlfan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'd like to know if any of you have any experience with Cannon Bars.I'd like to get a 30" for my 660,but I'd like to know if the Stihl 30" Rollomatic is better than the Cannon.I have no experience with Cannon or Oregon bars for that matter.thanks for the info.

The Stihls are waaaay better than the Oregon, not even close on that comparison. Can't tell you about cannon except they are mighty proud of their stuff and get top dollar for it.

Cannon verses Stihl bars

I've only got the one cannon bar, only place I could get a 3/8X50X33inch for my 084 was spcial order from Madsens, and I cant see any difference in the bar from the Stihl.
I machined a GBbar from my 066 to fit the 084 and I use that bar most of the time.It was half the price of the Sthil and a third of the Cannon. Jim

Jim,

Can you tell us how you "machined" the normal Stihl mount to the big Stihl mount? I don't have metal working machines just woodworking and a drill press. Would the drill press work?

Tom

thompson1600 said:
Jim,

Can you tell us how you "machined" the normal Stihl mount to the big Stihl mount? I don't have metal working machines just woodworking and a drill press. Would the drill press work?

Tom

Being a REDNECK ENGINEER I just bought milling bits and use them in the drill press. Remember the back of the bar.

Fred

I have run every bar I could possibly get my hands on in 13 years falling timber and as far as quality goes, Cannon is above and beyond any other brand I have run. I have owned many and most are still hanging on my shop wall with about 30 other bars. Unfortunatly the quality comes with a price - my last 32" was $140 and they are extremely heavy. I like the deep groove - but the weight is too much unless I am in big wood. I went back to running the Oregon Reduced Weight bars - although they are not nearly as tough they make up for it with their weight.

Lots of fallers use them, I bucked with Cannon bars, the guy I worked for probably paid more for a reason. I would be more choked if someone bent my Cannon instead of a Powermatch or whatever. I run Oregon bars on my Husky saws. Try it and find out.

thompson1600 said:
Jim,

Tom

Tom,

I can mill them for you although so can any decent machine shop. I know Al can also.

Bill

thompson1600 said:
Jim,

Tom

Tom;
I replied to your post yesterday but I must have messed up when I sent it ,so I will try again. I have a friend that owns a machine shop that done the work for me. All he had to do was enlarge the slot to 14 MM and make it a little longer. The mounting studs and the oil holes where all ok. You might be able to do it on a drill press if you had a milling vice and the proper cutters, but it took so little time to do it on the milling machine that it could not cost that much to do. I can lay it on top off my 084 bar and it is a perfect match.
Jim

Cannon Bars are bullet proof,I"ve have used their Superbars from 16" to 42" in felling and hotsaws,their rails are though and ture(but $$$) you notice that when running a huge thooth sprocket. I even had them make a belly bar for a hotsaw that I used to have.Gb bars are also top of the line! Look into the Pro Top and Titanium bars.Seth
www.cannonbar.com
www.gbbar.com

Stihl
I do have a special run bar from Gb for sale.It a Titanium 25" Stihl mount(034-660) un painted with Gb punched it the bar.I also have Pro Tops for sale. Seth

G.B. bars

Well John, just looking for some prices and lengths on those bars including
$$ on that 25" you mentioned. PM or email also if you want...Thanks, Lorin.

Latest posts

Back