Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S-Engines NW

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've spent lots of time looking for long chainsaw bars to fit my 070 and haven't found many options.
Seems that most manufacturers stop at 42" or so.

I'd like to find a 36-38" bar, a 48-58" bar, and a 72"+ bar

I'm aware that the 070 and 090 need either a special bar or custom drilled holes for the adjuster and oiler. Pretty much it looks like I need to find a bar for a Stihl 088/MS880 and drill the bar but am at a wall at price.

I looked into Granberg (GB) and Cannon but they're both a bit pricey for how much I plan to use my mill with a long bar.
Cannon has a 72" bar for $625.00
Granberg has a 72" bar for $754.99
Forester has a 72" bar for $340.87 (3/8" (fine with me) willing to modify to fit the big saws, but needs to be in stock lol)

I looked into a few manufacturers overseas which can sell a bar for $250 or so but shipping and import fees are borne by the customer with no estimation on how much that would cost and therefore leaving me wary of purchasing those bars.

What do US big saw users find are the best options?

For the Short bar, I found NeoTec has what I need
Neotec has a 36" bar for $135.99
LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BUY FROM NEOTEC, I AM AN AFFILIATE MEMBER AND TESTER OF NEW PRODUCTS
https://neotecworld.com/It_STIHL_Runs

Stihl has a 59" and of course Cannon has them longer. I have sold off all my long bars for 090's as I just do not need them. Outside of Cannon, Grandberg or Chain Bar Repair I doubt you will find anyone still making long bars.

I've spent lots of time looking for long chainsaw bars to fit my 070 and haven't found many options.
Seems that most manufacturers stop at 42" or so.

I'd like to find a 36-38" bar, a 48-58" bar, and a 72"+ bar

I'm aware that the 070 and 090 need either a special bar or custom drilled holes for the adjuster and oiler. Pretty much it looks like i need to find a bar for a Stihl 088/MS880 and drill the bar but am at a wall at price.

I looked into Granberg (GB) and Cannon but they're both a bit pricey for how much I plan to use my mill with a long bar.
Cannon has a 72" bar for $625.00
Granberg has a 72" bar for $754.99

I looked into a few manufacturers overseas which can sell a bar for $250 or so but shipping and import fees are borne by the customer with no estimation on how much that would cost and therefore leaving me wary of purchasing those bars.

What do US big saw users find are the best options?
Cannon.

Forester, makes some pretty long bars
Forester is where I started my search but they don't make a long bar for the big Stihl saws, in addition to being out-of-stock of the bars I could modify.

On a side note, I have been very happy with my 36" Forester bar on my Husqvarna 372 XP X-Torq.

i got 1 thats 60" will fit but its modified to fit from husqvarna to large stihl.
its has the old stille tip in 404 and i have some of them to. let me know if your interested i can get you pics and any other info i have on the bar

If yo want to try your luck, I believe farmertec is doing longer bars now & expect they would have them to suit the 070 they sell

For the record, Granberg and GB often confused, two different companies. GB is an Aussie company that makes great long bars, Granberg sells them but has nothing to do with them. Their prices seem to be the best for GB bars of anyone in the States, though. All the GB long bars that fit the 880 fit the 070/090 as well, they have two sets of tensioner holes. With an 070, I wouldn't bother looking for a bar over 56". Granberg sells a 54" GB bar for $465, but not sure what that actually is because GB makes 50, 56, and 60" bars in that size range, but don't make a 54" bar.

Latest posts

Back