Carb differences

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettS

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What are the differences between Walbro WT426 and WT22B carburetors?
I am going to building a Stihl 026 in the near (ish) future and was wondering which one is the best to use.
I would go for a WT194 but here in the antipodes they tend to be scarce and expensive unlike in the states where it seems you can pick them up from the corner store for like $2 a pop.

What are the differences between Walbro WT426 and WT22B carburetors?
I am going to building a Stihl 026 in the near (ish) future and was wondering which one is the best to use.
I would go for a WT194 but here in the antipodes they tend to be scarce and expensive unlike in the states where it seems you can pick them up from the corner store for like $2 a pop.
Nobody?, may as well delete then.....

WT-22 is for use on the non-compensator airbox/filter while WT-426 has the compensator port. WT-22 venturi is 12.7mm while WT-426 is 13.49
That is what I have measured on the two I have, the 426 has no compensator. Any idea what one is best to use on a lightly modded 026?.

That is what I have measured on the two I have, the 426 has no compensator. Any idea what one is best to use on a lightly modded 026?.
Either will work on a non or lightly modded 026 pending swapping the metering lever cover. The 426 is a "bypass" design where most of the fuel goes through fixed jets with a smaller percentage going through the needles. This provides full adjustability but within a limited range.

The 194 is a non-compensated, non-bypass design and would be my first choice as later versions of the 026 came with this carb, ca. 1996.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/walboro-wt-194-question.356374/#post-7628728

Either will work on a non or lightly modded 026 pending swapping the metering lever cover. The 426 is a "bypass" design where most of the fuel goes through fixed jets with a smaller percentage going through the needles. This provides full adjustability but within a limited range.

The 194 is a non-compensated, non-bypass design and would be my first choice as later versions of the 026 came with this carb, ca. 1996.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/walboro-wt-194-question.356374/#post-7628728
This is the kind of info I was looking for, thanks.

Back