Carb hissing noise when engine is off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddtree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was told it could be an intake leak? Engine started very inconsistent. New spark plug and ignition coil. Runs great when it starts but can't get it to start.

How do I diagnose this. Could it be the carb intake boot?

I spoke with a repair shop. Guy said a bad cylinder could be why the carb is making a noise. Anyone have experience with this?

Sounds like fuel pressure is building inside the tank from residual or excessive heat and forcing past the needle valve in the carb. That would cause flooding and hard starting. Have you tried removing the fuel cap to see if it stops? What fuel are you using?

Sounds like fuel pressure is building inside the tank from residual or excessive heat and forcing past the needle valve in the carb. That would cause flooding and hard starting. Have you tried removing the fuel cap to see if it stops? What fuel are you using?
Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try. I'm using 50:1

Also this makes sense because I'm storing it outside in a garbage bag

I bet it's the tank vent.
It's pretty much right under the on/of switch kinda close to the carb. You have to remove the gas tank/handle to replace it.
Repair shops dont like chinese saws and will tell you it's blown up the second it has an issue so they dont have to work on it.

I bet it's the tank vent.
It's pretty much right under the on/of switch kinda close to the carb. You have to remove the gas tank/handle to replace it.
Repair shops dont like chinese saws and will tell you it's blown up the second it has an issue so they dont have to work on it.
Interesting. Can confirm repair shops don't want to mess with it.

Back