Carb rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerlakejens

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is there a recommended site that provides the basics on rebuilding a Walbro carb in a Husky 44? I have a few to practice on. Any tips would be appreciated.

it isn't too hard to do. make sure you clean it well with carb cleaner and blow all the orfices out with compressed air. if the carb is all gummed up, you should soak it over night then rinse off the cleaner with water and blow it out.

make sure you get a new carb kit too

go to walbro's site and they have a pretty good breakdown of the carbs. Go to Service and Aftermarket, then manufacturer, they have 3 different models listed for the 44.

Oldwild,

Could you please post a link? I tried a google search on walbro and didn't have much success, unfortunately. I'd like to find a kit for my Pioneer Partner 500. Is there a way to positively ID the model # walbro carb by visual inspection? Thanks for your help!

typically on Walbro's there will a set of numbers stamped on one side of the carb. I have not had any problem finding them on any of my Walbro or Zama carbs. Give me a few minutes and I will try and get a good link. :)

Oldwild,

Thanks for posting the link. I'm going to take the saw apart some today on my day off. I've read on the chainsaw collector's website the model 500 is supposed to have a walbro carb, and I've seen the walbro name on my carb, just not any numbers that make sense. I've got to find the source of contamination that is blocking up the fine screen in the carb, makes it lean on the top end. I'm thinking that the in-tank fuel filter needs replacing. While I had it apart again, I was going to get a gasket set, I just want to get the correct one. I'm also going to switch to a different batch of premix, the old stuff may have to run out through the lawnmower!

Oldwild,

I cross-referenced with Mike Acres' site and my OEM part list. Mike Acres lists a WA-158A for the 500. My OEM exploded view diagram shows WA-82A. By checking the link you provided, the repair kits are the same for either of these carbs, K10-WAT (full Gasket set) and D10-WAT (diaphrams). I'm going out to the shed now to take it apart, I want to see if I can find the -158 or -82 on the carb. I'll make some calls & see if anyone local has a kit, otherwise I'll call Baliey's. Thanks again for posting the links!

Oldwild,

THe carb is marked on the side, just needed to look closer. It is a Walbro WA-82. Local mower shop had a gasket kit and a fuel filter for the tank. Cleaned the screen in the carb, new gaskets, new filter, fired up and ran it through some small logs I had leftover. In good shape now. Thanks again for posting the links.

Latest posts

Back