Carbs on 064s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t_andersen

t_andersen

ArboristSite Operative
Yesterday I wanted to order a carb kit for my Stihl 064. It seems that the 064 normally has Walbro WJ carbs and I can get a kit for that. However, I am puzzled because it says "Bing" on top of my carb. Will a Walbro carb kit then fit? I really don't want to take it apart for inspection before I have the carb kit in my hand because I need the saw regularly.

Thanks guys

Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters

Addicted to ArboristSite
I believe the 064 was one of a few saws that used a Bing carb on it. the Bing carb is VERY different from the Walbro model. the kit from a walbro will not fit it. you need to see the Stihl dealer and buy the proper kit.

cbfarmall

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
JJ was looking high and low for kits for the 064 Bing. Bantasaw only sells one Bing kit that I know of, and I bought it, and it's only for an 038. I think it was around $17 but I can't remember.

If I have to pay more than $11 for a carb kit, then so be it. I'm not going to park an expensive piece of equipment just because I'm cheap.

You can try Stihl and maybe order the individual parts, but I think it's NLA. Search for the thread, all the info is there.

Chris B.

t_andersen

t_andersen

ArboristSite Operative
Swap Bing for Walbro?

I can get a new Walbro carb for 064's at a price of 60 $. Any reason why I couldn't buy that one and install it instead of the Bing carb? Are they plugin replaceable? Thanks

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
I had a 064 here that had a Bing on it. I searched for a screw for the bottom of the carb. It was larger than 3mm and smaller than 4mm. Stihl was no help and had no listing for any parts for the Bing. I pulled out the 038 parts saws that had the Bing's. They were different. I ended up selling the saw to a tree service in the United Kingdom.

Bill

Latest posts