carburetor help needed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FXST

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need help with a problem concerning a Zama carburetor with a primer bulb on the carburetor. I have installed carburetor kits, fuel lines, etc. and have had very good results with the info here in this forum, These zama carburetors refuse to prime and pump fuel. like I said fresh clean carbs with kits, and new primer bulbs. Is there some sort of internal check valve or system on the primer bulb that is mounted to the carburetor that is non serviceable and I will have to replace the carburetor? it looks like there may be a valve or diaghram in the plastic houseing that the bulb mounts to that may be causing it not to pump. the carburetor is on a hand held blower. I apoligize in advance because this is not chainsaw related, but you guys are so knowledgeable that if anyone can help I know someone here will... thanks

Yes, there's usually a check valve in the body that contains the bulb.

Exactly which carb is it?

And.... I know it may sound dumb.. but are you sure you have the fuel line and return line the correct way around?

I've heard nothing but bad stuff about Zama carbs. Maybe before you dump too much money into it you might consider a nice walbro replacement.

The same-size walbro's don't fair any better... and on little blowers it's often not possible to get a physical match (throttle etc).

Having said that.. I've replaced a bunch of EPA Zama carbs with the WT-264, a mainly beacuse they are a lot cheaper than OEM.

Thats good advice to check the fuel line hook up- things like can happen but this time im confident they are hooked right. the carb is a zama C1U-K32. and you guys are right again. I took a closer look and pryed out a small brass orifice and found a tiny spring and what appeared to be the remains of a clear little round valve. so- now is the primer section of the carb available seperatly or do I have to buy a new carb. If you have to buy a new carb then I dont think its worth it. Maybe I could find a used one- I really do appreciate all the help from you guys. I just wasnt sure exactly what took place inside the primer mechanism...

The blower is in really nice shape. piston and cylinder look as new--- how do I go about finding a possible walbro substitue. maybe its not possible, but ideas are always welcome!! the carburetor is a Zama C1U-K32

thanks,

Ask your local saw/whatever shop of they have a junk C1U carb for you tear the bulb section off.

What blower it is?

The blower is an Echo ES-2000- it is a combination blower and vacuum shredder. nice shape. that is kind of why I dont want to trash it just yet. Impulse lines etc. all good. Runs great once you can get it started. I will check at work tomorrow in the storage area to see if I can find a old one to match up. 99% is stihl and In the pile of parts saws, blowers and trimmers, maybe I can find something that used this zama carb. I can always hit up the dealers in the area and see if they have a used or old one on the way home.like always all replies and information provided by you guys is greatly appreciated!!!

the more I look at this primer block and valve the more irritated I get. this thing is really tiny and weak. and appearantly unrepairable. Ive never seen these parts in a repair kit.

Try cleaning under the check valve. A small piece of crud will keep it from working. Yesterday I cleaned the crud from the inside of a fuel pump for an old Kohler on my splitter and now it pumps again. A light blast of air and removing all of the obvious gunk can work wonders.

Latest posts

Back