Carlton 7015 Kubota 66hp Engine Management System

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTreeAmigos

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Has anybody ever installed an engine monitoring system on one of these? The only meter I have is the clock. It would sure be nice to monitor exhaust temperatures, water temperatures, oil temperatures and pressure. It would seem for that much money you would get a little more than the hobs meter. Even a $12,000 Hyundai has a tach. Just graduated from a Vermeer 252 to this machine. Sure wish I had done this five years ago. It’s an incredible beast.

Did this on one of my machines.
Just buy a sensor that installs instead of the oilplug and a matching meter, same for water temp(not necessary imho, as oiltempgauge is fine) . There could be a pickup for oilpressure installed already. Bought a diesel tach and tinkered a tiny cockpit.
I used a tiny tach which fails in clocking the hours but displays the rpms fine. No response or support from the manufacturer regarding the defective unit, so be warned, a shame for 100$ tach.
Anyway, around 200$ later you should be fine with reading engine-infos.

It has lights on it for oil pressure, temp, alt - and a shutdown system if any of these should alarm. You run it wide open when cutting anyway. I've got hundreds of hours on mine and never thought I was missing out by not knowing.

Back