Carlton stumper High/Low gear issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The Low gear just went out on our '03 Carlton 2500-4 stump grinder this week. Worked fine in the a.m. then didn't work in the afternoon. It's "stuck" in High gear all the time. Everything else works fine. Any ideas?

Call Carlton service dept. on Monday morning. I am sure they can tell you what is going on. Probably just a stuck hydraulic valve.
Jeff

Call Carlton service dept. on Monday morning. I am sure they can tell you what is going on. Probably just a stuck hydraulic valve.
Jeff

Yup, ask to speak to Huey. He can walk you right thru it over the phone and pinpoint the problem.

if you a ground speed valve you can adjust wind it out & see if that fixes the problem had the same issue with my 8018 & that was the problem think a kid may have been fiddling when I was having a break.

If it is a kohler powered machine check the small ground wire attached to the flywheel shroud on the starter side of the engine. The wire harness gets loose and pulls on the wire and brakes it off.

Scott

Back