Cb unlock controller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firmwood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As title says. Buddy built his own stove, and his dwyer is unlocked and he can change the temp difference.

According to dwyers data sheet, unlock code and I could do the same.

Summer time 10 degree difference is too long and snuffs itself out., no matter how long I go. Just too much water capacity for btus, and too late before she needs air again.

Ideas? 5036 I think is the model.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

I set my CB 5036 at 160 in the summer and after 4 years I have never had an issue with going out, but I only put enough wood to last for 24 hrs. I went out every night when I got home, stirred the ashes and then added more wood. I tried the fill up completely to get it to last for several days, but it seemed the wood bridged over and the fire burnt out. Maybe if I stirred every night with a load in it that I may not have had the issue. Just my personal experience.

Hmm. Still, trying to find out if factory Cb's controllers are unlock able.... Datasheet mentions unlock code entry for unlock parameter.

I have a CB 1450 and I can customize my Firestar controller about anyway i want it.
This summer i set the water temp at 185 with a 10/deg differential
The idle impulse air is adjustable to come on every 0-60 minutes. i have it set to give a charge of air every ten minutes (summer.)
The time that the idle impulse air stays on is adjustable also....I set mine to come on every 10 minutes for one minute (Summer)
Like stated above...don't overload your stove in the summer...I put just enough wood to last two days...

To unlock the controller press the menu button four times real fast. the LED will display UL indicating it's unlocked
To lock it again just press the Menu button four times real fast again
I have to lock mine because my grandson likes to play with the buttons..

Last edited:
I have a CB 1450 and I can customize my Firestar controller about anyway i want it.
This summer i set the water temp at 185 with a 10/deg differential
The idle impulse air is adjustable to come on every 0-60 minutes. i have it set to give a charge of air every ten minutes (summer.)
The time that the idle impulse air stays on is adjustable also....I set mine to come on every 10 minutes for one minute (Summer)
Like stated above...don't overload your stove in the summer...I put just enough wood to last two days...

To unlock the controller press the menu button four times real fast. the LED will display UL indicating it's unlocked
To lock it again just press the Menu button four times real fast again
I have to lock mine because my grandson likes to play with the buttons..

Dwyer controller. Unless both manufacturers share same functions.

Dwyer is push set for 8 seconds.

His is unlockable since it's oem. He can access all 20 some parameters. Seems as though cb isn't unlockable, or soemone that knows how has yet to chime in.

Hmm mm, have i stumbled upon something that's undocumented? Or manufacturer hush hush?

Pulled mine out, it's a 4000 series... Just as his 4010 for red display instead of green.

I have a 4436 CB. The controller is from CB and made by dwyer. I ordered a spare from love controls division, dwyer instruments. The sheet that came with the new unit has instructions to unlock, lock and make changes. I used these instructions on the unit on the 4436 and it works the same.
Access to all code protected parameters
Press set for 8 seconds. The access code value 0 is shown on the display (comes from factory with 0)
With up or down arrows, code can be set to user needs.
Press set to enter the code. if code correct, the first parameter label is shown on display (sp)
Move the desired parameter with up and down keys.
Press set to view the value of the display.
The value can be modified with the up and down arrows.
Press set to enter the value and exit.
Repeat until all necessary parameters are modified.
Press set and downat the same time to quit programming or wait one minute and the display will exit programming mode.
*the keyboard code and be reset to zero by turning off the controller and turning it on again while keeping the set pressed.

PARAMETER DESCRIPTIONS
SP = Set Point. Temperature wished to regulate the machine. Can vary
from r1 to r2.
r0 = Differential. Heating: If temperature is ≥ Set then out OFF. If temperature is ≤ Set then out OFF. Cooling: if temperature is > Set + r0 then
out ON. If temperature is ≤ Set then out OFF.
r1 = Lower Set Point Limit
r2 = Higher Set Point Limit
d0 = Heat or Cooling Control. Ht = heating control, Co = cooling control.
d2 = Defrosting Time Remaining, in minutes. If d2 = 0, defrosting will
not start.
d8 = Interval Between Two Defrostings, in hours.
c0 = Minimum time for compressor to be OFF. Minimum time from
when the compressor stops till it connects again.
c1 = Continuous Cycle Time. The remaining time for a continuous cold
cycle.
c2 = ON time of fault cycle, during probe error.
c3 = OFF time of fault cycle, during probe error.
P1 = Ambient Probe Calibration. Offsets degrees to adjust the ambient
probe.
P4 = Decimal Point. Display decimal point in normal operation. Always
present in parameter menus.
H5 = Access Code to Parameters. Factory-set as 00.
H6 = Ambient Probe Type. Sets probe type to be NTC or PTC.
t0 = Temperature Display Limit. Maximum temperature shown on the
display, although the real temperature can be greater

Hope this will help. If anyone has a problem finding the correct parameter I'll go unlock mine and post it here which one it is. Been a while and can't remember off the top of my head. But I think it's r0

Last edited:
Yup. Matches his paperwork.

Mine won't budge. Mine isn't zero. His is.

Back