(central boiler)by passing my h/e. had a few questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
central boiler has green poly pex pipe with a thick wall that they used to run in my basement. i need to make up a by pass line with pex and i cant find that heavy wall green pipe just regular pex . will that regular pex be fine? also giving those shark-bite fittings a try..
what i planing on doing is just kill the power to the water circulating pump in the morning before i go to work and by the time i get home it should be cool enough to cut the pipe and work with it.
any other suggestions or pointers are welcome.
thanks ant.

Last edited:
Regular pex will work, it should be stamped on the pipe what temp the pipe is good for. I think its good for 200 degrees at way more psi than you will be running.

Never heard of shark bite fittings, but if they "bite" into the pex I would not use them

Those shark bite fittings are cool for some one that doesnt have the crimping tools and so on. Cuz they cost a crap ton of money. But there cool.

Yes the pex at menards is pretty good.
Jack

3 way valve

I put my bypass valve in this weekend. I turned the pump off at 4:30 pm and by 9:00 pm it was cool enough to work on. I lost maybe a quart of water. I had a piece of the green pipe left over but I have used the blue and orange at other installs with good results.
Scott

Looks great!

I looked up the shark bite fittings and they look like a good product! I have used the standard barbed fittings with a high strength band type hose clamp. I will have to find a local supplier for the shark bites! Enjoy the cool.
Scott

tagged valves

picture of valve tag refference sheet

Back