shutting down but still heating my domestic hot water with the boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danl, I must live next to your neighbor's daughter!!!!! At least once a week all summer she is burning something. At least they got rid of the horse and she has quit burning a manure pile!

Every time I hear of running an OWB just for domestic hot water in the summer I realize just how bad regulation is needed. You guys are doing it to yourselves.

I live in the boonies myself,but in upstate NY and I understand the point that TreeCo is making,and people are a lot more apt to complain if its nice weather and your big ole boiler is chugging out clouds of smoke all over the place but understandably so.
However I have a big Central Boiler,and do use it to make my hot water in the summer,we have a big old 2 family farmhouse and heat the house and shop and the water with free wood basically, I save all the crap from my tree jobs (willow,poplar,pine etc.)wood that isn't any good for sale. I use that wood to heat in the winter,except when its below zero,then I load her up with some hardwood. The softwood is very light wood when it's dry and burns hot and fast and really doesn't smoke much in the summer as long as you don't overload it.Just a few pieces at a time and it only starts up once a day or so. Plus I the stove came with 2 but I have 3 - 4 ft. lengths of stainless pipe on it to to try to get the smoke up and away faster too.

I burn old tire in mine during the summer

I will admit at times I'll burn a few papers or cardboard in mine,but to burn your garbage or tires??? bet that smells good,and well IMO that is just asking for trouble,summer or winter.

Latest posts

Back